Skip to content

Discuss This Filippo Preziosi replaced in Ducati management shake-up MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Filippo Preziosi replaced in Ducati management shake-up

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Filippo Preziosi replaced in Ducati management shake-up

The fallout from Valentino Rossi’s disastrous two-year spell with Ducati is starting to be felt, with Filippo Preziosi and Alessandro Cicognani replaced in a major management shake-up. The highest profile casualty is Preziosi, who has been an instrumental figure at Ducati Corse since the Bologna factory entered MotoGP back in 2003. He was widely acclaimed in 2007 when Casey Stoner won the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2012 11:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

"Not a bad effort..merely riding around to finish .. not willing to stick his neck out in any which way or form"

Fk me, I've heard it all now..

Isn't that the exact same thing you've been castigating Rossi for?

Nostro's credibility takes another hit..guffaw..snigger.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

C'mon Wosi you're a little brighter than that shirley?

Stoner stuck it on the box barely trying. Rossi got lapped. Says all we really need to know about their respective talents doesn't it?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Respective talents?

Stoner got trounced by a team mate who's won fk all.

You been following this game for long mate?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

CHR..Lorenzo leading development?

This, from Matt Birt writing in MCN. 21/11/2012.

"..Yamaha have taken Valentino back because they haven't been sure with the development of their other riders. The Japanese, as I understand it, are second guessing the comments of Jorge Lorenzo and Ben Spies in order to keep ahead of their opposition. But they know they don't have enough of the information they would like.

Yamaha knows that Valentino is someone who can give much better feeling on the bike an that Jorge is a guy who can ride any bike very fast." - Jeremy Burgess.

There was rumour Honda weren't that interested in Lorenzo when he was touting his services to Ducati in 2009, because they were worried he couldn't lead development.

Three years on..and it seems little has changed.

Lorenzo, like Stoner and Pedrosa, are of the playstation generation and rely too much on the electronic geeks to set their bikes up. They don't understand mechanical grip, balance and weight distribution.

When the fanboy's roll the out of context Rossi quote of.."err, I am not an engineer. I don't know how to fix it."..like it blows Rossi's development skills out the water, they're either being obtuse or don't understand how it works.

The ability to translate feel into comprehendable language that a crew chief can understand and then take to engineers who can physically make stuff that is an improvement, is what giving good feedback is all about.

Stamping your feet and throwing your toys around screaming that the tyres are shit or, we need more power..ain't cutting the mustard.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

And still Wosi persists

with his fanciful version of a situations reality. Well of course Burgess would say this old bean. His reputation has taken as big a hit as Rossi's due to his hubris causing his mouth to run away from him...."I've never met a motorcycle I cannot set-up" and "80 second fix."

Let's explore the truth of the matter shall we Wosi with words from Lin Jarvis, the man who runs Yamaha's GP team and actually calls the shots.

Jarvis confirmed that once Rossi is back with the team from the 2013 season, both him and Jorge Lorenzo will get equal treatment and support, however the development lead will go to Lorenzo with Rossi in a supporting role. This is down to the fact that Yamaha still views Lorenzo as their most capable rider to win the championship. Jarvis did however heap praise on the Italian and believes his move back is positive all round: "He did great things for Yamaha and can still bring a lot to the team but also to the sport in general."

It is yet to be seen whether Rossi will be able to bring his crew chief Jeremy Burgess and the rest of his team with him to the Japanese outfit, yet Jarvis dis say that the possibility exists. And to put any rumours about the Italian’s move back to Yamaha full to bed, the MD confirmed that is was Rossi who first approached them.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Lin+Jarvis+Yamaha+pre+Brno+on+Rossi

So as we all know Rossi came grovelling back prodigal son style to Yamaha who have taken him back on their terms. The days of Rossi dictating to Yamaha are long gone. Rossi is a clear nr.2 to Lorenzo as Jarvis states albeit on equal machinery. Lorenzo is the focus, and rightfully so.

Oh Wosi, but as Stoner has so clearly stated and we've read about with the respective usage it is Rossi who has the biggest electronic 'playstation' crutch in the paddock.

And still you continue to shoot yourself in the foot Wosi. No mean feat, given said foot is perennially in your mouth. Is there a more masochistic contributor to MCN's pages than you?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Stoner said a lot of things about Rossi that were contradictory and untrue..a bit like your good self.

Rossi got under his skin and he jacked it in. He failed to deliver last year and fled.

Your lengthy quote is history..not news. What did you expect Jarvis to say at the time? He's a political animal and was trying to smooth waters after telling Lorenzo that his nemesis would be returning. Jorge was very unhappy..why?

He wanted your fifth alien Spies to stay..because he wasn't a threat and his life would be easier.

Rossi is a threat, both on and off track and Lorenzo knows it..so does Zeelenberg, who says his #1 priority will be making sure the WC doesn't get distracted and lose his concentration with all that surrounds Rossi.

Lately, everyone is saying Jorge is bulletproof..sounds like Wilco knows different to me?

Time will tell Pal..but wosi is looking forward to seeing what happens and is quietly confident. Old Nostro seems determined to count Rossi out, increasingly desperate and a little worried to say the least.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

But Wosi

Lorenzo has been doing just fine without Rossi for years now. Two titles in three years would suggest he and Forcada know exactly what they're doing with that Yamaha. And it is just a Yamaha, not Rossi's Yamaha, he never built the damn thing - he was merely fortunate enough to move to YMC just as they completely overhauled their GP machine. Historically Yamaha's have always had among the sweetest chassis' - in 2004 they finally built a proper four stroke GP engine after pfaffing around for the first couple of years with under sized carburettor'ed diesels based on their WSBK's.

As for the fourth Alien that wasn't Spies. At no time have I ever classified Spies as such. For sure I thought he had the potential to step it up to this level 2012. Seems I and many others within and outside the paddock were wrong. Although Spies is not dead yet. Let's see what he does on the Duke. I have a sneaky suspicion he'll get a few results on it.

Rossi is Jorge's bitch now. We all know that.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

BTW Wosi

Can you please list a few of this supposed untrue and contradictory statements of Stoner's regarding Rossi. They must have slipped my mind.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Puddled..

I can't be arsed to list them all Nostro but, let's look at the issue you brought up..Electronics.

Just last month, Rossi said he thought GP was boring. This is something most fans would agree with and has been a bone of contention between Dorna and the MSMA.

He didn't mention electronics on this occasion, although he's always been consistent in his disdain for the negative influence they have on the show, and he didn't mention Stoner.

A few days later, Casey's doing an interview and is asked what he thinks of Rossi's comments about GP being boring..

"I think (Rossi) started that himself though, he's the one that started using electronics so much. It's him that's helped progress the electronic side of it, of course it's boring for him, he's not up the front challenging for wins and it's difficult."

Stoner reckons Rossi is to blame for GP being boring because he needs electronics more than anyone else?

FFS..he's talking about a man who's won titles on a 500 and 990. What did Casey do on a 990? Crashed his fkin brains out.

Funny how he won a title in his second year after all that crashing..when he got MM electronics and he didn't crash once..with a gap to 2nd of more points than he'd scored all season the year before.

That's not normal Pal all things being equal..especially if you don't back it up.

Team mates Capirossi and Melandri are on record as saying they couldn't match him for the trust he put in the electronics, which spawned the playstation generation comments that have always made him bristle.

He never got the credit he thought he deserved for 2007 but he never won another title for Ducati did he?

Rossi got the tyres and beat him, the other bikes went pneumatic valves and nullified the desmo advantage.

Then..and get this, the only thing that would tempt him back is if the series went two stroke? Back to the old days of rider skill dictating..fkin fruitcake.

What was all the shit he gave as reason for him jacking?..Dorna interfering with rule changes to dumb down the bikes.

Great rider but a fked up individual with a massive chip on his shoulder..and guess who put it there? That 67kg of spuds..hahaha

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Nostro

I'd like to ask you a straight question. I read all this stuff you post, and to be quite honest it borders on obssession against one rider, that's fine if you want to do that. However you may class me, I'm not a blind, flag waving 46er, but I admire someone that holds 9 world championships. If you've watched Rossi, from his early days and through, he made mistakes like lots of others, but he was a quick learner, and has turned out to be one of the greatest all time champions, including Ago. If you know about bike racing and back, you know that Ago attained the titles realtively easy, now the point of this is, what are you going to say when/if Rossi starts putting that M1 on the podium, which puts him in the top 4 hunt for the title.

Now you may not like that but, if you consider that you have a good knowledge and appreciation of motorcycle racers, there's not a corner or space in your mind, that Rossi doesn't occupy. If he had been a Brit, he would have been the greatest sports personality for decades. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices