Skip to content

Discuss This Rieju announce learner streetfighters New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Rieju announce learner streetfighters

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Rieju announce learner streetfighters

Spanish manufacturer Rieju have announced details of their new RS3 NKD, a naked version of their popular 125cc learner sports bike the RS3. The bike will share the 125cc Yamaha engine of the RS3 and some of it's equipment, like 41mm USD forks, 300mm radial brakes and the steel frame/aluminium swing arm combination. It loses the fairings and gets a set of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2012 12:24)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

What complete and utter nonce came up with the term "streetfighter"????

Reply to this Topic
MrGiggle

Nov 12

MrGiggle says:

Looks nice but it'll have some extreme competition, it needs to find the right buyers.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Streetfighter means "dropped sports bike"

That's a naked.  Anyone who insists otherwise is the sort of chap who takes Streetfighter Licker Monthly into the shed and then emits low moaning sounds, and who will argue the difference between a bobber and a chopper until your ears bleed and you lose the will to live.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

If I was a teenager I'd love one of these. For the price it looks pretty cool. As for the streetfigther term, I don't see why you guys take it so personnal, ok so it's a naked bike, not the end of the world...whats the minimum HP for a streetfighter? 100HP, 150HP? Can't say I ever read rules on that...

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

It's that streetfighter means a conversion

i.e. a dropped sportsbike.  You can no more manufacture a streetfighter than you can a Cat C writeoff or a bobber.

Oh, now they've got me doing it.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ Rogerborg

While I am not an expert in EU workplace rules, I imagine that Rieju would be prohibited from building sport bikes and requiring their workers to crash them so they could be converted into real streetfighters. ; )

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Please don't give BMW ideas

Some Herman will drop an S1000RR on the way out of the factory and next thing you know, a drop test well be mandatory for all bikes in the EU.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle