Skip to content

Discuss This Filippo Preziosi optimistic for Ducati’s MotoGP future MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Filippo Preziosi optimistic for Ducati’s MotoGP future

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Filippo Preziosi optimistic for Ducati’s MotoGP future

Ousted Ducati MotoGP boss Filippo Preziosi says he is optimistic that the Bologna factory is destined for a successful future. The Italian will no longer serve as Ducati Corse’s General and Technical Manager from January, 2013 after Ducati owners Audi implemented a major management restructure today (Tuesday). Preziosi will be replaced by former BMW World Superbike boss Bernhard Gobmeier, who will take...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2012 14:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

His results flatter to deceive..

His 3rd in 2011 was a result of Pedrosa's mis fortune and Rossi's self imposed predicament, nothing more. The same could be said of his season at Tech 3 - results have on occasion landed in his lap due to the actions of others, not always through his own ability to carve through a field. The bottom line is, if he was as special as you suggest Rev, why did Yamaha let him go?..

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

CHR

I think  you'l find his results dont flatter to decieve in the slightest. Dovi has been super consistent through out his career. He is good enough to be a regular podium finisher. Ok he hasnt found that last couple of percent to become a winner but at 26 theres still a chance.

Hayden has been held in high regard and always has a factory ride in ten years of GP racing but only has 3race wins to his name. He picked up his title on the back of misfortunes of others. Dovi may well be ablr to do the same at some point in his career.

People form unwaivering opinions of riders long before they derseve it. Spies? never that good in my eyes, to others a legend in the make because of the hype. Crutchlow has shown the speed to compete this year but needs to stay rubber side up next year to confirm my belief he's good enough.

Marceqez could be the next big thing but like Simoncelli before him moto GP is the elite and rough house riding wont get him anywhere.

Reply to this Topic
Calfan

Oct 12

Calfan says:

twaddle

That revbenny talks the biggest load of twaddle I ever heard.I wonder if you're all taken in by his supposedly rehabilitated persona.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

He couldn't afford him..

..because he was at least their 3rd favoured option and in Jarvis's mind not as good as Lorenzo or Rossi. Hardly a ringing endorsement is it? I have absolutely nothing against Dovizioso, he's a class act no doubt, and is arguably deserving of the Ducati factory ride. But he's shown nothing to suggest he'll be anything more than being in the hunt for the title of "best of the rest".

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Strange isn't it,how a world class rider can win titles,races on three different makes of bikes at different sizes and yet Rossi switching to DUCATI,and not winning?

He helped pull the Yam M1R out of mediocrity to world class act and yet the Duke he just couldn't get to grips with it,unlike Stoner,Capirossi and Bayliss.

I guess if it isn't to be, no matter how talented you are it just won't happen.......

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rev, we both know the 5 million was offered..

..by Ducati. Had Dovizioso had the option of a ride on the factory M1, do you really think he would have asked for, or received that kind of figure? Dovi's wages weren't the issue, his inability to be a championship contender was..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"If it wasn't for Rossi, this schmuck would still be talking about CF subframes, repair bills and skip hire!"

In countless races this year Nicky Hayden has been a lot further from the front than he was in 2010... the last dry race he would have been a lot closer to the front if he'd actually been on the 2010 machine!... unless, at 31, he's proof that you really can lose that much in 2 years.

I'm not saying that Rossi had anything to do with the "development" disaster that is this bike (as you seem to imply) but there's certainly evidence that it not only hasn't improved against it's competition but also has actually got worse against it's former designs.

I'll wish the same good luck to Dovi I did to Rossi 2 years ago... regardless of his comments at the time I want all riders to do well & at least Dovi acknowledges the hill they have to climb.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Going gets tough

for the Rev, and he starts talking through his arse, and out pops Calfanny, by the way he's still got that land mine on his head, and if he don't work BCB's up next, with all his mates. It's time you had a good talk to those Rev, you've still got your mirror with a bell on it, tap the bell, see which one pops up in the mirror, give him a good talking to and let him post on here. 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

The point is..

..he was overlooked in favour of another rider. Had Rossi's name not been thrown into the mix, then there's every possibility Dovi would have got the ride. The truth is though, whichever way you want to cut it, he's not held in the same kind of esteem as some of his illustrious peers..

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Rev

wake up, Yamaha need Dovi like a third armpit, they've got Rossi. Dovi's got the the Desmo-ditchit, and with that new geezer, that was dumped by BMW, he'll probably suggest shaft drive, that way, those four new 'stars' on the Duke, will know they've been shafted from the start of the season lol.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle