Skip to content

Discuss This Filippo Preziosi optimistic for Ducati’s MotoGP future MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Filippo Preziosi optimistic for Ducati’s MotoGP future

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Filippo Preziosi optimistic for Ducati’s MotoGP future

Ousted Ducati MotoGP boss Filippo Preziosi says he is optimistic that the Bologna factory is destined for a successful future. The Italian will no longer serve as Ducati Corse’s General and Technical Manager from January, 2013 after Ducati owners Audi implemented a major management restructure today (Tuesday). Preziosi will be replaced by former BMW World Superbike boss Bernhard Gobmeier, who will take...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2012 14:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"Rossi was prepared to ride for no salary - Dovi wasn't."

Interesting you use this argument now Rev. I remember sometime back, when it was Crutchlow that was being heavily touted as the next Ducati rider, you disingenuously reviled him and insinuated he was the one selling out, for exactly the same reasons! Anyway, that was then, this is now and I'm happy to leave that in the past. You're quite right to say Jarvis would have preferred it for Spies to have stayed, but that still doesn't reconcile the fact that Dovi was overlooked. Had Yamaha had the finances to offer the money that Rossi or Dovi had asked for, which one in all honesty do you think they would have chosen?..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

... sorry Benny...

"Crutchlow was approached by Ducati early in the year - when there was no indication of Rossi leaving"

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2012/July/jul1212-crutchlow-waiting-on-ducati-contract/

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2012/July/--lorenzo-unfazed-by-rossis-potentia-yamaha-return/

8 days apart... the paddock was rife with rumour... nothing was signed but everyone knew what was going on.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2012/June/jun2712-rossi-hopes-to-race-with-competitive-bike/

MCN - 27 June 2012 - "Rossi is understood to have held talks with both Yamaha and Honda..."

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Now c'mon Rev..

..let's overlook this blatant hypocrisy concerning Crutchlow and put it down to your obvious dislike of the fella. This however, - "in contrast, Dovizioso signed late in the year - when the picture was clear. Dovi is on record as having sought firm guarantees of positive, future change from Audi (and Ducati) before agreeing to ride for them." - that's a whole other kettle of fish. Can you enlighten us how Dovi managed to sought the guarantees a 9 times world champion couldn't?..

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

LOL

"Let me make it clear: I do not dislike Crutchlow"  hahaha ffs thats your best yet . read my lips no new taxes

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Ha ha ha ha, okay, maybe my memory is not what it was..

..there was me thinking we'd spent months locking horns over our friend from Coventry!...Well, whatever happens from hereon-in, I genuinely hope Dovi does well and the new bike is as competitive as it's Japanese counterparts. Hope springs eternal..

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Jawohl

Maybe Y'all. Prezi is back in a comfort zone. This team will only get stronger next season. Ducati selection, like most of their big hitters circa MGP riders excell outside of media spotlight.  The heart of the L still pumps harder than any V or transverse 4. Crikey! They even dumbed down the rev limit to subjucate its advantage.

Some exploit it some can't. Nitrogen bottle? Give me Desmo anytime.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen,they tell me.  Well judged decision Vale'. The Ducatisti are delighted. Preziosi,stoically not saying much,but equally delighted,I guess.

The real problem is Del'Torchio and cohorts. Never was Preziosi and his brainchild.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

for certain

Dovi won't see the podium next year, unless it's due to DNF's further up the field, I reckon he's 7th ish, it'll be the dry races that will shove him back down the field, he's in it for a paycheque. Don't forget, if things don't work out, he's got the best excuse ever, 'well Rossi  couldn't  make it work, and he's a 9 times world champion, and I've only won a 125 championship 8 years ago, and one win in MotoGP', so that's the perfect excuse when failure looms. 

Reply to this Topic
KerryKatona

Nov 12

KerryKatona says:

Cornfed chicken shit

POK POK POK !  What's that you said ? Dovi no podium ? Of course he will you dumb-ass chicken.  He'll just skulk around in 5th/6th all season and keep it upright and focussed on finishing like he does in such a masterful fashion then pick up the pieces when the fast but reckless learners fall. 

He's the vulture in the pack overseeing the hyaena's scrap it out and every race he will pick up the points with no one noticing until in the last stages of the season everyone will start saying "look at Dovi, WTF, he's 3rd/4th in the championship.  A dastardly and cunning character.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Cornfed

Don't forget, if things don't work out, he's got the best excuse ever, 'well Rossi  couldn't  make it work, and he's a 9 times world champion,

--------------------------------------------------

So wtf was Vales bloody excuse when unable to come close to 'moaners' results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shut the fuck up and stop dissing Dovi ffs.

KK sum's it up perfectly.

Reply to this Topic
gooey1

Aug 07

gooey1 says:

Yeah cornfed !

POKWaaaak ! POKwaaak !

DNF's were a defining feature of the season past and many before.  Therefore Dovi will see podiums. So what are you actually saying ?  Dovi will not get podiums or he will ?

Frankly it seems likely that he will as the wisened KK has noted.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices