Skip to content

Discuss This Filippo Preziosi optimistic for Ducati’s MotoGP future MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Filippo Preziosi optimistic for Ducati’s MotoGP future

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Filippo Preziosi optimistic for Ducati’s MotoGP future

Ousted Ducati MotoGP boss Filippo Preziosi says he is optimistic that the Bologna factory is destined for a successful future. The Italian will no longer serve as Ducati Corse’s General and Technical Manager from January, 2013 after Ducati owners Audi implemented a major management restructure today (Tuesday). Preziosi will be replaced by former BMW World Superbike boss Bernhard Gobmeier, who will take...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2012 14:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Rossi, the master of PR, media manipulator, with his little comments, complaints, digs, all said in his endearing broken english over the last 2 years, has made Ducati, with it's proven racing pedigree, look like a load of clueless idiots.....The drip, drip of dissasitsfied mumblings, against Ducati's dignified silence, has gradually painted a one sided picture. He has shown Ducati to the world in a very poor light. Preziosi allowed this to happen...that is the main reason he has gone.

Rossi walks away from Ducati leaving a well planted message that Ducati couldn't provide him with a machine capable of winning on....not the fact that he couldn't provide the expertise or the direction required by Ducati to move forward. Ducati have taken all the blame.

Stoner detractors were certain that whilst admitting he was fast, he was also a very poor development rider. A rider unable to provide Ducati with any meaningful feedback to develop the machine...only able to develop it backward in other words.  Two years on, and it's Ducati who are not listening? Really?  Why get rid of a rider who cannot develop a machine, then employ a 'set-up and development genious' to replace him.....and then not listen to him?

Ducati can consider themselves well and truly mugged........

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

So, when he was riding for a factory..

..why didn't he manage to win more than one ( wet ) race and why in his second year in Moto GP and his first on a factory machine, were his points haul less than when he was on a non factory machine?

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

divi isnt elite in the slightest.he had 1 fluke of a win from 3years on a repsol honda.dovi is a good team mate to a elite rider nothing more.and unless ducati sort out that front end on corner entry dovi is fucked in a big way

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

and to be honest dovi isnt even going to be the best ducati rider next year.he will consistantly finish with that boring riding style he has but all 3 of the others will have faster raw pace

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I appreciate your statistics Rev..

..it's just they leave me feeling a little cold. For all those figures on display, what has he won? Unfortunately Dovizioso will always be the M.O.R bridesmaid, all but forgotten when he hangs up his leathers..

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Dovi Schmovi

Dovi is safe and reliable, as a wingman he can be mine anytime. I think he's about to have some good fortune and I think his arrival at Ducati is perfectly timed. There is no question Ducati will sort what they need to sort and build another good bike and with Audi calling the shots it looks to me like Ducati are about to start moving forwards again. If Ducati are testing two new bikes, one a lash up of all the best bits out of the factory and the other the evolution of the D16 that was being built anyway, I hope that the first one is the favourite choice of the riders. A full on Desmosedici ridden by someone on a mission will be difficult to stop or catch. Dovi will do well on it, he's better quality than Hayden fo shizz, but I hope it's Andrea Iannone who is the fastest and biggest points scorer, unless he crashes a lot, which to be fair is quite likely. Ducati need to have someone like Maverick Vinales on it pronto because if the spawny eyed little wazzock get's the hang of his Repsol RCV and doesn't kill himself/someone else in the process he'll be difficult to stop. I predict at least one race win for Ducati in 2013, in the dry and fair and square.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

What about Hayden?

Surely he's the guy Ducati should be listening to, he's had to ride Rossi's bike for 2 years and Pedrosa's minibike at Honda but you give the guy a bike he like's and he's super fast and super aggresive, he's a world champ don't forget and also showed some serious pace in 2010 without quite getting the results.

Dovi is decent solid rider but nothing more. Stick with Nicky and have dovi as the faithful wingman,

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Sherrykrackona

Okay bitch, the one thing you got right 'Dovi' is a vulture, picking up the bits like DNF's is the only way forward , he's not up to securing anything other than a 7th with everyone else bubble up and rubber down, so he's history, another midfield runner, so  just get use to it, what's it like being the Rev's skanky bitch anyway?  

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Paceyflaky

Oi dipshit, so Dovi jumping onto Rossi's old bike, should put him right up the front of the pack, and Rossi that poor old underachiever, the one with 9 championships, will be wobbling round on an M1. All Dovi has got to do is to get in front of Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Rossi, Marquez, Bradl, Crutchlow, Hayden, Bautista, you've got to be joking you dipshit, come to think of it 7th's a bit generous.  

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Gluey1

You sound like you're still on a steep learning curve, I'm saying he won't get any podiums, unless they extend that to 7 places,  get real, he's outclassed especially on the Ducati, i.e. history, he was picking up a few podiums because he was on the M1, not the Ditchit.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices