Skip to content

Ask an Expert Bandit 600 indicators - changing bulb to LED Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Bandit 600 indicators - changing bulb to LED

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

morpheusking

Oct 11

morpheusking says:

Bandit 600 indicators - changing bulb to LED

i have a 2002 bandit 600 im going to fit a tail tidy which means ive gotta change the rear indicators, while im changing the rear indicators ive gotta change the front aswell because i think it will look horrible with different front and back indicators.

I prefer the style of the LED indicators to bulb ones and LED'S are easier to buy/find. Ive read into it and i either need to change the flasher relay or put in inline resistors?

Which option would be the easiest price doesnt matter id like to do it the best way, changing the flasher relay or just putting in inline resistors? Is there anything to watch out for and how would i go about it exactly? If i fit resistors will i need one per indicator or one per front one per back set?

thanks

James

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2012 17:48)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

led indicators

PERSONALLY, I think led indicators are pointless tat..... you can't see them unless you are looking at them straight on. But you want to fit them, so go for an led compatible flasher relay, less buggering about with the wiring.  :wink:

Reply to this Topic
morpheusking

Oct 11

morpheusking says:

fogie

so you think theyre harder to see than bulbs? i didnt realise that was the case i just prefered the shapes/styles of the indicators over the bulb ones ive seen. If bulbs are better from a safety point of view id rather fit those + it saves me messing about with wiring. id rather be as visibile as i can at all times

thanks for your advice im going to the nec this sunday so im hoping to pick a pair up then :) if i see a cheap bulb pair ill probably grab those i guess but we will see :)

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

nec

Aye, have a look around, and let us know how you get on.  :smile

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

If

you don't go for the flasher relay,you'll need a couple of diodes (not resistors).

Assuming you do go for diodes,you need to wire them inline on the feed wires to the front indicators,which eliminates any backfeed through the harness. Simple as that.  Though do make sure you fit them the correct way around,or you'll cut the power to the indicators.  The silver striped end is the closed end on a diode,which point towards in the indicator itself when fitted.

Get them here :smile

Reply to this Topic
morpheusking

Oct 11

morpheusking says:

update

i got some indicators at the show (LED) according to the writing on them they are 12v 1w whereas my bandit indicators are 12v 2w, the indicators apear to have resistors built in behind the actual LED aswell. I can see 3 resistors behind the LED bulbs themselves.

I found a flasher relay on ebay for £15 which i intended to buy if the flash rate was wrong but if that fails i will be sure to fit the diode as that sounds like the next best thing from what you said and from what i read up on google because i had no idea what a diode was lol

I just fitted them and the flash rate is perfect???? so i dont need to worry about anything now i dont think? im confused i expected the flash rate to be too fast but it is the same as the flash rate on the front (the front indicators are standard for now but not for long)

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

indicators

you may find that when the fronts are changed to LED'S that they will flash too quick.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices