Skip to content

Ask an Expert Problems starting 97 bandit 600 Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Problems starting 97 bandit 600

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vmcpakmcn

Sep 11

vmcpakmcn says:

Problems starting 97 bandit 600

I am having problems starting my 97 bandit 600 since a carb strip down to clean them as the bike had been standing for a couple of years.I am not sure if its the carbs or the ignition. Can you damage the CDI unit using a car battery to turn over the engine.(old battery dead) I turned the bike engine over with my 1.2 punto fiat battery direct but not with the car started

Can you test the CDI unit and the ignition system with a standard multimeter ie cheap one

Also whats the best way to change the front sprocket?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2012 18:10)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

bit more info required mate

What problems are you having?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

no start

Can`t see a problem with the donor battery with engine stopped providing connection was + to + and -- to --,after turning bike engine over could you smell petrol or were the plugs wet with fuel?

Have you tried EASY START spray direct into carb inlet manifolds? 

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Suzuki GSF 600 Bandit 1997

Hi Vmcpakmcn

As tc330 says,need more info?first thing to do is check for a spark at the spark plugs.

Best way to remove the drive sprocket is with a 1/2'' air impact wrench,and if you don't know what your doing for safety's sake this should be done by a mechanic.

But if you do know what you are doing,but you don't have a windy gun and compressor,then on your bike i would put a piece of hard wood of about 3'' by 3'' through the rear wheel and resting on the top of the swing arm(this will stop the wheel turning when applying the pressure it will need to undo the nut and bolt)after removing the sprocket cover,you will need to undo the bolt in the end of the drive shaft(think its 12mm?could be 14mm)when removed,the big 20mm nut will need a good  at least 2 foot long breaker bar to undo this nut,remember to put thread lock on both nut and bolt when replacing and a heavy duty torque wrench.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue: 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices