You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > PCN confusion

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Robbie1983

Nov 12

Robbie1983 says:

PCN confusion

Help!? Can a Council reverse a decision it has already reversed?

I recently contested a PCN issued by Weymouth Council for parking my Bike outside my flat & won! Woo Hoo right!! :-) Well I Wasn't suprised by this because I had a Valid Parking Permit clearly displayed in a holder attatched to the helmet hook which they are aware of because they gave me a ticket last year & I returned there photographic evidence back to them, circling the White permit standing out like a sore thumb against the Red of my Beautiful Bike. However in a letter explaining the cancellation this time they stated that 'due to the administration costs involved in issuing a PCN, it is unlikely a similar charge will be cancelled in the future'. I'm confused because I don't see how it is fair to say a future charge cannot be cancelled even if a Permit is clearly displayed & the charge is issued in error! Well foolishly I asked the Council to Clarify there reasoning on this because I don't wanna be fearful of parking outside my own flat & getting a fine because a parking official doesn't see my permit (how they can't I don't understand... it's not hiding) anyway you know what there answer was?? To Cancel there Cancellation & demand I pay £50 again!!
I clearly don't want to pay the Swine Fiddlers anything but am worried if I do nothing they'll just put the fine higher. Does anyone know if a council can reverse a decision like that? Can I appeal a 2nd time? Any advie will be gratefully received :-/

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 November 2012 21:45)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

Sounds like bullshit, call them up and say you're about to set a court date to sue them can they clarify all of this as you've already won and they're still trying to charge you. If you do pay, issue a small claims court demand for money and just get the courts to get it back for you, if they ignore it judgement may go against them in their absence anyway and fighting £50 will probably cost them more in legal fees than its worth, i did this to my last insurance company and they paid instantly :)

Keep all correspondance they sent and take names of people you call, I've fought a PCN myself and they said 'due to equipment failure' councils are full of it...they could've even admit i just won...easily...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices