You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Taken out by royal mail van

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Yammie4EVER

Nov 12

Yammie4EVER says:

Taken out by royal mail van

I was side swiped by a royal mail van on the 20th this month in london. I was traveling along the a23 'london rd' for a good 50yards on the left hand side of a royal mail van. After the driver most likely reached his destination he turned left into me whilst attempting to get into someones driveway.

Anyway an off duty police officer came to my aid and verified that the driver was not doing his observations/indicating before he made the move.

I have sustained some injuries after hitting a wall and my yamaha yzf r125 has sustained some damages as well. 
The damage i can see is scratched fairings, bent forks and a crack near the speedo. Its basically just a lump of plastic and metal with a running engine and wheels that cannot move.

Sad to that the police officer that was called out to the scene may have taken a list of all my witnesses. 
I tried calling 101 and i managed and managed to get a police officer's badge number and my cad number, they wouldn't give any other information drivers reg/ witnesses statements/ police report etc, i was told only insurance companies can gain access to them.

So now what do i do? I don't have the money at this very moment to fix my bike and i really need a bike to get to my work/school. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 November 2012 23:17)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

accident

Welcome Yammie4ever with bad news,your in the right section and have witnesses,have you reported the accident to your ins com? Are you fully comp or third party fire &theft cover? My main question is were you and the postie in the same lane for 50yards + ? Also who overtaked or undertaked who?

Reply to this Topic
ACIC

Apr 06

ACIC says:

Bike accident with Royal Mail

Sorry to hear about this. Give us a call and we will help you. Sounds like a winner to me. Kind regards, Andrew Campbell, Bikelawyer Motorcycle Accident Solicitors. MCN Legal Experts. 01446 794169. www.bikelawyer.co.uk

Reply to this Topic
Yammie4EVER

Nov 12

Yammie4EVER says:

JAFFA reply

Could say that i did the undertaking. I have TPFT, but surely the driver should at least look in his mirrors before swerving around from side to side? Or the later indicate :|. 

Reply to this Topic
ACIC

Apr 06

ACIC says:

bike accident

In this case likely liability split. Of course he should have used his mirrors before changing lanes. Regards, Andrew Campbell, Bikelawyer

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

lanes

Did the postie change from the right lane to cross into the left lane and turn, OR were you both in the same lane? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices