Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential

Andrea Dovizioso says it is too early to understand the potential of Ducati’s Desmosedici MotoGP machine after he made his debut for the Bologna factory in Valencia last week. Cold and wet conditions meant Dovizioso completed less than 40 laps on a dry track, as he became the latest high profile rider to stake his reputation on making the struggling Desmosedici...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 November 2012 10:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Hayden

is the guy to lead development, 4 years at Ducati and a former world champion, give Hayden the bike he needs and we be challenging for the podium every week.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

While I...

... don't agree he's a huge talent (when compared to what's left of the aliens) I sincerely hope he has what it takes to make the Ducati competitive. I look forward to some fastest laps, maybe poles & wins... but I'll admit, I'll not be holding my breath.

Reply to this Topic
Wato45

Oct 12

Wato45 says:

Benny....

At least Hayden could win more then one race and a title on a Honda. And that while being expected to be the development rider. Seems that Hayden is the one with the better CV there.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Hayden

Has proved he can go head to head with best, he took on Rossi and won, Fact. Now im not for 1 second saying Hayden is better than Rossi but he did win a championship on a Repsol Honda, Dovi struggled to even win a race. Hayden at times has been quicker than Rossi on the Duc, in 2010 he was even occasionaly quicker than Stoner who is universally recongnised as the only man to tame the Desmo.

I dont care how much they are getting paid, Hayden has the pedigree and the WC to back it up, Dovi has neither of those. Ducati need to let Hayden lead development and have Dovi as his faithful sidekick.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

blood

im not saying they will do, they quite obviously won't, they didnt give Dovi that contract to be the second rider. What im saying is they should, Hayden is the better rider, has more experiance and has 4 years in the team. To me he is the obvious candidate to lead development.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential

Translation: 'It'seeerrrr howa you saying.... Shit?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Judgement reserved on Dovi

An intelligent young man and a proven racer of quality, if not top draw status.

This should prove to be a far more fruitful Italian marriage that the bitter one which has just ended.

Dovi strikes me as less Latin in his temperament and more analytical in his technical approach to the sport than Rossi. His lead should be a good one for Ducati to follow. Whether regular podiums, or even wins follow remains to be seen. The Ducati has a stonking strong engine and a chassis just a poofteenth away.

There is every chance Dovi may just catch a big break with a resurgent Ducati. Something that was never going to happen when competing on a level footing with the Japanese mounted Aliens.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hayden...

Wato - "At least Hayden could win more then one race and a title on a Honda"

MrKrabs - "Hayden... Has proved he can go head to head with best, he took on Rossi and won"

3 race wins total... 6 years ago... yeah! Meanwhile, Dovi was beating the likes of Lorenzo, Stoner & Simoncelli to win his first championship in slightly more style in the 125's.

Hayden's cool... but he's been on the same bike as Rossi the last 2 years... & has come a very poor 2nd each time.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Problem with

Dovi, he's always had a bike 'ready to race' , he didn't develop the Honda, he didn't develop the Yamaha, he won't develop the Ducati, he'll just bitch about it when he gets near his limit. He's not a development rider, and never has been, he's grabbed a big pay cheque, and that's all. In Dovi's words ' a big shock from Honda to Yamaha' so how does that translate onto the Ditchit. Hayden has better credentials than Dovi, and imo Dovi, is midfield and if Iannone comes good, Dovi's going to look like an amature, at least Cal will have a good time spanking him all next season.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hold on Matt..

..What's all this about the Ducati being a shock to the classy Italian?

Nostro was saying only yesterday that Dovi found it very accomodating in Valencia testing..

Now I know you've been reporting on GP for sixteen years son but that doesn't mean to say you've got the shout here in forum land.

Are you seriously asking us to consider that Nostro may be bullshitting? That his credibility is on the slide? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices