Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential

Andrea Dovizioso says it is too early to understand the potential of Ducati’s Desmosedici MotoGP machine after he made his debut for the Bologna factory in Valencia last week. Cold and wet conditions meant Dovizioso completed less than 40 laps on a dry track, as he became the latest high profile rider to stake his reputation on making the struggling Desmosedici...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 November 2012 10:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Dumbbubble

that's all  a 'dumbarse and a man of the cloth', both stinking of sheep, can come up with,  BAAABAAAABAAA

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

“The Ducati is different from the M1. It must be ridden with a more dirty style. Let us say with the Ducati you must take corners more sharply. You have to trust yourself to the bike but I hope to be able also to modify the bike to make it more easy for me to ride. It’s a bike. You can change whatever you want. So I think we should be able to improve the bike to make it a bit easier and more competitive from the start to the end of the race.
"This is what I expect. Not only do we need a brutally fast bike but one that is less risky to ride. We need a bike that is constant and competitive from the beginning to the end of the race. So we need to risk a bit less. Historically, the Ducati bike has always been evil and nasty. You have to ride it with your fingernails, your claws. I think I will be able to do it.”
                        Valentino Rossi 11 January 2011

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

good choice for Dovi

Ya the ducati sucks and dovi sure as hell wont tame it if rossi cant, but this move allows him to be a factory rider again. He would have never won the title on a tech 3 bike( although they looked close to factory spec this year), and who knows ducati will probably have a good bike in a couple of years. While rossi needs a good bike now not 2 years from now, dovi can afford to wait. And im sure the money is good. Smart move move for many reasons but he wont be competitive right away....its a big shock

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Reverend

Your faith is inspiring, but perhaps misplaced. As much as I like Dovi I can't help but notice that next year we will see 2 competitive yamahas and 4 competitive Hondas 2 of which will be piloted by ex moto2 champs eager to claim scalps. Cal's 3rd season will be his best yet. Bradders won't set the world on fire but will surprise everyone with calm and consitency. Yamaha will keep the tech three bikes strong with plenty of upgrades in order to keep face in front of Honda. That's 8 strong bikes and riders for Dovi to wrestle the new Ducamahaudi past. With shake-ups in bologna and yet another long season at the drawing board ahead of Ducati, high hopes for Dovi may be just pie in the sky. With the best will in the world young Dovi will spend a season learning the ducati whilst playing catch up with old hand hayden and fending off Ben Pies and a hungry Ianone, who will make Barbera's efforts look distinctly lacklustre.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Dovi??

Am i missing something? I certainly arent as informed as the regular experts in this forum, but he didnt exactly set the world on fire on a factory Honda, so what is he gonna do on a Ducrapi?

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Benny

I almost sensed a spoonfull of reality in your post indeed of late a tempered view maybe the medication has started to work and the dosage suit you just work on replying as the same person And maybe you will continue to gain your clearer vision , indeed if Dovi has any hope 2014 is more plausible than next season , however other will be in the mix by then

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

dovi missed his title challenge that came in th 3years on a repsol honda.dovi is a good rider and consistant but he isnt blessed with outright speed.proven last season wen cal outpaced him most rounds but dovi is a great starter and a demon on the brakes but if the ducati front end isnt improved dovi will struggle big time as it will take is hard late braking out of the equation.i hope the ducati is strong for all riders but i feel dovi has taken to big a gamble and will be 4th fastest ducati in terms of laptimes and 2nd or 3rd ducati overall in the championship.hope im proven wrong but cant see

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

dumbbubble

Don't like it do you, the facts are there in history, regarding Dovi, seeing as there is anything between 6-7 faster riders out there, on any race day,  what do you think he's going to do on that Ducati, it's a big pay cheque for him, that's all. 

REV, why don't you stop spending the day and half the night shitfaced, in front of that computer screen, churning out useless toffee, that has no bearing on what the history books show, and  get yourself a job, so you can hold your head up, instead of waiting for a weekly 'handout', or are you living deluxe on child benefit, 'Keeping the little lady barefoot and pregnant'.  

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Rev

weak as ever, I've told you, do yourself a favour and get a job.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I hear there's a new fast food chain

opening up in South Korea called UFK.........

.................unlucky fried kitten

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices