Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential

Andrea Dovizioso says it is too early to understand the potential of Ducati’s Desmosedici MotoGP machine after he made his debut for the Bologna factory in Valencia last week. Cold and wet conditions meant Dovizioso completed less than 40 laps on a dry track, as he became the latest high profile rider to stake his reputation on making the struggling Desmosedici...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 November 2012 10:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Not necessary

Apologies Bulto ...

... I'm focused on swine at the moment.

Like I said - I'm now gone

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

dont see how ducati can find a second and half on the yams and hondas and thats without taking into account the time yam and honda improve so realistcly ducati need to find at least 2 seconds a lap and at the same time sort the tyre wear issue out.thats alot of work over a single winter then theres also the front end issues.i hope they do close the gap but realisticly its highly unlikely

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Don't let the door

hit you in the arse on the way out bluto. Byeeeeeeeeee

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Bulto

Your way off beam with your comment on Dovi's time on the Honda, He has been the only rider during the last four years to consistently beat the Aliens (all of them) and score podiums.

He's only a fraction of being in the running for a title, and may still have a chance given the right circumstances. Granted he should have won afew more by now, but then again, hasnt Pedrosa after SEVEN years on the factory Honda only found the missing few percent in the last six months???

Dovi is a class act and at 26 is too young to write off yet.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Dovi

Good solid rider, good signing for Ducati but just doesn't have the raw pace to compete with the Aliens.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Mr krabs

Check the stats for the last four years , i think you'l find they say he does...

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Benny you wont

Ever whip me into shape you dolemonkey,Anyway thought you were a Veggie vicar .yet when your about its always fishy,its "tasty" by the way dummy,Who are you tonight Benny ? Hmmm or bubble or just plain old Hedgehog ,remember him ,didn't he get all prickly and flipped off? Dovi has got his "judgement" it's the Ducati,maybe the Suzuki number two birth will fit nicely in 2014 for a full house ! It won't be a factory Honda

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Benny you wont

Ever whip me into shape you dolemonkey,Anyway thought you were a Veggie vicar .yet when your about its always fishy,its "tasty" by the way dummy,Who are you tonight Benny ? Hmmm or bubble or just plain old Hedgehog ,remember him ,didn't he get all prickly and flipped off? Dovi has got his "judgement" it's the Ducati,maybe the Suzuki number two birth will fit nicely in 2014 for a full house ! It won't be a factory Honda

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

CCB

I admit I have not checked the stats but I would be very surprised if they said anything other than in races in which Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa & Rossi have finished Dovi has usually (but not always) finished behind them. The exception being Rossi the last 2 years on the Ducati.

Im a Crutchlow fan but I wouldnt put him up with the aliens yet Crutchlow on raw pace is quicker than Dovi. Dovi has great race craft and consitancy allied with good pace but to compete with Aliens you need great pace and Dovi just don't have it. 1 win (but lots of podiums) in 3 years on the factory bike says it all.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Using past results to predict form

Is like using a kaliedescope instead of binoculars. You might see something interesting, but it won't be what you're looking for. When it comes to the great sport of predicting form for the coming season, the true art lies in looking beyond mere results and into the character and potential of the rider. For example, I must admit i have in the past completely underestimated Pedrosa, yet many saw what he had withinn him and this year he has taken his riding to another level. Dovi has it within him, he was always able to run at the front, but could not unlock the all important 'je ne sais quoi', the question is will he be able to do it with the ducati? As already stated, this year I fear fortune will be against him. But don't write him off, he's a potential champ.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices