Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential

Andrea Dovizioso says it is too early to understand the potential of Ducati’s Desmosedici MotoGP machine after he made his debut for the Bologna factory in Valencia last week. Cold and wet conditions meant Dovizioso completed less than 40 laps on a dry track, as he became the latest high profile rider to stake his reputation on making the struggling Desmosedici...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 November 2012 10:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

My point was reasoned..

..and in response to your assertion that because Dovizioso was 67 points ahead of Crutchlow, he was "clearly superior". I was just pointing out that on the same bike, Dovi was 122 points behind his team mate, a massive 55 points more than Cal was to him. It would make sense, using your rationale, that Stoner was clearly superior to Dovi, and the same can be said for Lorenzo. It just illustrates that his championship placing isn't quite as glowing as you would have us believe. Comparing Dovi with Crutchlow is one thing, comparing him to the riders that have mattered these past few seasons is an altogether different kettle of fish..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Benny

You call my comments crass because they don't fit your ideal.

Your perogative, but there is nothing in what I said that results from the last 5 seasons don't back up.

I don't know why we're discussing Dovi / Pedrosa but since we are, Pedrosa has comprehensively out performed him, something like four times as many podiums and I've no idea how many more poles, fastest laps and wins.

The 2011 result means nothing other than where they finished, if you want to gloss over the fact that  Pedrosa missing a few races is why Dovi finished where he did, that's up to you. In reality it proves nothing.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Benny

.. you omit to mention that Pedrosa was faster - on an RC212V machine designed around him alone.

Do you have Honda's confirmation of that or is it just a crass statement based on forum heresay?

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Lordy

People making a simple point as hard as ever: i meant next nearest as in down the table. Is it really so hard for everyone to grasp that I am not comparing Dani to Dovi, but saying that if Dovi can make the kind of small but significant improvements that Dani has made, he will be right up there as in terms of championship standings he's really quite close.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

why is every1 comparing dovi like he is on the same machinery as the aliens.lets be honest now dovis biggest challenge this year is to be top ducati and he isnt gaurentied that in the slightest.hayden is still a top rider on his day spies had a shocker last year but still is a very fast rider and iannone is a dark horse for nxt season in terms of being top ducati.there is then the tech3 boys then bradl and bautista to beat regularly before he can even begin to mix it up with the repsols and yams.i will be suprises if dovi gets more than 2or 3 top 5 finishes let alone podiums and wins.and im not a dovi hater i actualy quite like the guy im just realistic and anybody else with a brain who is being honest will agree

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

No Benny

... sadly, it's still much as how you left it.

Just idiots and fools - in no particular order.

It's as you direct it. You just turn to patronising and sarcasm on any occassion someone's view doesn't concur with your own.

It was never Pedrosa's bike and Hayden did a lot of the donkey work testing parts that Honda were throwing at it, so hard to see how Pedrosa influenced its direction

Dovi 3rd, Pedrosa 4th because Pedrosa missed races and Rossi was on a bike he couldn't ride. Gloss over the facts all you like, it makes no odds, but in the normal order Dovi was 5th at best.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Zogg

People making a simple point as hard as ever: i meant next nearest as in down the table.

Why didn't you make that clear in the first place? But it doesn't alter anything, he may have been nearest in terms of points in the final standings but to close that gap he has to beat them and he never could, so the gap is irrelevant, it won't be bridged as he isn't fast enough. Pedrosa didn't have a gap to bridge, he was winning right from his first season.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

The problem with you Rev..

..is you struggle with reasonable debate - a typically immature trait. The majority of posts were moderate and restrained, illustrating another point of view, and yet you can't help yourself but put your hob nail boots on and launch one. I suppose it's something to do with your upbringing. Did you know the Welsh are descended from pure Iberian stock - the aboriginal inhabitants of Europe? Anyway, it would appear you're following in your forefathers shoes ( in most cases ) and have decided to give not very much to the world...

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

The Honda RCV has most definitely been built around the Pedrobot

since the advent of the 800cc formula bluto. It was big news at the time and came as something of a shock to Nicky Hayden as he had just taken the title on the 990, and figured he was the lead rider. This is well documented.

You complain about a lack of reasoned debate bluto, but you seem to be the chief architect of the shit stirring post.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Soup's, I like you..

..but let's not start casting aspersions concerning shit stirrers on this site. Your post about Pedrosa having the RCV built around him is completely fair and reasonable, and was a point used earlier by Benny. And yet, during his repeated earlier posts denigrating the achievements of Casey Stoner, not once did he use that as a reasonable and valid excuse for him possibly not doing as well this season. If you're looking at the high chief architect of all things stirred, look no further than the green green grass of Wales...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices