Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso reserves judgement on Ducati potential

Andrea Dovizioso says it is too early to understand the potential of Ducati’s Desmosedici MotoGP machine after he made his debut for the Bologna factory in Valencia last week. Cold and wet conditions meant Dovizioso completed less than 40 laps on a dry track, as he became the latest high profile rider to stake his reputation on making the struggling Desmosedici...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 November 2012 10:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

That goes both ways chr

I see from your posts that you're not adverse to getting the spoon out and having a go either. So lets ALL play nice before the battle lines get drawn again. Yes?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Dovi on the podium!

Maybe a sign of things to come next season if they can improve the Ducati.
Give the Doctor decent equipment and he can still do the job even on four wheels.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Valentino%20Rossi%20owns%20Monza%20Rally

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

C'mon Soup's..

..I'm as pure as the driven snow..

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ha ha

columbian?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Is it just me?

Or is the there reasonable debate going on in this thread? perhaps due to the lack of input from the rabid orange thong wearing german kiwi??

We're not all agreeing with each other , but theres no name calling or hate fuelled shit being handed out.

Nice stuff guys.........

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

i think alot of dovis fans hopes are based on last seasons success on a bike that suited his smooth late braking style perfectly.he wasnt as succesful on a honda which seems to suit a harder style.unless ducati deliver dovi a smoother package and sort out the front end on corner entry dovi will struggle to even beat the other ducatis.dovis main success comes on his braking and if the Ducati isnt improved he will lose his main weapon.if the 2nd ducati team is going to be full factory i can see spies being top ducati (if his head is in the right place)as ive said in a previous statement dovis main challenge is being top ducati.he then has the tech3 boys and bradl and bautista to beat regularly before he gets to the repsols and factory yams.2 or 3 top 5 finishes in dry conditions will be all he can hope for and if he manages that i think it will be a good job by him leading to a slightly better 2014.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I seriously think spies is gonna

just fade into obscurity on the Ducati. If he and his pie-mouth mechanic couldn't make sense of the sweeeeetest handling bike on the grid, then I think he's just gonna go round in ever decreasing circles (slowly) on the Ducati. Perhaps whats needed at Ducati is some useful input from Audi, that and a ton of money. We've already seen them clean house in the management/engineering deptartment. Could be the start of something great.........?

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

but with spies when he did get it right he was as fast as anybody.i was never 1 who thought spies was the new alien but the best of the rest.last season was a dissaster for him.however if he does get his head right and the dukes are all the same i think he will be top ducati simply because i cannot see dovis style suiting the duke iannone will crash to much and hayden is to inconsistant.audi will sort ducati out the question is how long it takes.they have to be very careful not to get rid of to many ducati ppl otherwise it could be a very long process.and how long will audi be willing to spend the cash with no return.they r there to make money and sell motorbikes i think if they aint up the sharp end in 2 years we will see ducati focusing on superbikes again

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

This is Dovi's big chance for sure, I dont think his results on the Repsol were great but as others have pointed out he was riding a bike developed around Dani's size and style. Now he has the chance to lead and have a bike built to his requirements. Its a massive job at Ducati but I think Dovi has the temprement for it. Not sure he's gonna be able to get the Duc right up the pointy end but will be facinating finding out.

As for Spies, I just don't get it. I have to put my hand up and say I was one of those who thought he was going to do big things, just seems to have lost all confidance and belief. Could have gone back to WSB and its a brave move to get on the Satellite Duc but its going to take one hell of a mind set turnaround to change things, he needs to stop looking for excuses and just get on with it, bash fairings and ride hard like he did when he irst came in.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

all valid points but with the riders ducati have got i dont think they can focus on building a bike for dovi.they have hayden who has shown loyalty and lets not forget is a world champ with multiple wins and has been loyal to ducati.you have spies who is 1 of the few who has on multiple occasions shown he can run with the very best and his win was earnt except lorenzo being taken out by super sic.iannone is a rider who showed in moto2 on his day is an elite rider.dovi is a super consistent rider who will get the best out of the bike without risking to push for that extra tength and his win was handed to him due to ducatis tyre choice fuck up and the others crashing.they all have different styles and i think they will see who does best with the bike and then build a bike arround the fastest of the 4 because on talent alone i dont think any of them stand out as clear number 1 rider thats just my opinion though others will differ

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices