Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Yellow Hayabusa, yuk or yeah? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: Yellow Hayabusa, yuk or yeah?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Poll: Yellow Hayabusa, yuk or yeah?

Suzuki have released photos of this rather bright colourscheme for the new Hayabusa out next year, which will be on display at their stand at Motorcycle Live. They've hinted that if they get enough positive feedback, they'll release the colour in the UK alongside the four colour schemes already announced. Let us know what you think - is the yellow yuk or...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 November 2012 14:14)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Unrepresentative

It's odd that so many of the comments here are negative, in my view unrepresentative. The Hayabusa has got to be the worlds most successful hyperbike with higher sales than any other and a massive following over more than a decade. It has spawned a huge industry in tuning parts and must be the most popular motorcycle at any speed event anywhere on the planet. Good luck to them, I like it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Agreed, theres a lot of negative from those who havent had one. Its OK we got used to the sour grapes back in 1999 when I had my 1st Busa.

There is no point making the Busa lighter, because you have the GSXR1000 which has the exact same power output with much less wieght.

As for the weight of the Gen 2 Busa lets put it in perspective:

Honda Deauville = 236 kg dry weight, which probably equals 260 kilo kerb weight.

Bandit 1250SA : 254 kilo kerb weight

Gen 2 Hayabusa : 260 kilos kerb weight.

So the Busa aint heavy. Its just that too many riders are weak.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ HOSBUSA

Well, the Honda Dullsville is heavy because it is built to a price point, and Honda’s (achieved) goal was to build a mid-priced commuter/middle-weight tourer that will run almost forever. But hardly seems relevant – who cross-shops a ‘Busa and a Dullsville anyhow? Or a ‘Busa and a Bandit 1250 for that matter?

And since the ‘Busa has a sport-bike riding position, what is the point when say a Honda CBR1000RR will be just as comfortable to ride, and faster everywhere but roll-on at 120+ mph?

Will agree about boring colors; we need bikes that look like this again.

autobestpics.com/img/Honda-CBR-400-RR-Fireblade2.jpg

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ snev

Sorry, but I have so little use for a ‘Busa (or any other hypersport for that matter) that one would not be worth my money.

What can it do better than other bikes? Roll-on acceleration above 100 mph (but a current Kawasaki ZX-14R/ZZR1400 will beat it there), but how often can that be used without going to jail? Due to the exceptional rear wheel hook-up (especially with the new “Balance Free” shock), a Honda CBR1000RR will be faster up to any legal speeds, as well as out of the corners on a track (and it and any other race replica will make a better track day bike than a hypersport). Unless of course the ‘Busa is modified to be a drag bike with lowered suspension and an extended swing-arm, but that pretty much ruins it for everything else.

The ‘Busa would not be preferable to the Honda CBR600F4i that I currently own for flogging on track days – more likely to crash on one, and the F4i is already dinged up. And on this track a ‘Busa would be embarrassed by a Yamaha WR250X.

maps.google.com/maps <https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Road+America,+Plymouth,+WI&hl=en&ll=43.798463,-87.999265&spn=0.001986,0.005284&sll=41.938317,-93.389798&sspn=4.192182,10.821533&oq=Road+America,+Ply&hq=Road+America,+Plymouth,+WI&t=h&z=18>.

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

Pretty

Not my cup of tea (too fat to reach the bars) but a nice looking bike?

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

piglet 2010

As you had mentioned you thought the Busa needing to lose weight, I just wanted to point out how some very ordinary and low power commuter style motorcycles are equal in weight to the powerfull Busa. As I said if anyone doesnt want the size and weight of a Busa then they would get the GSXR1000 with the same power output.

The Busa riding stance is nothing like a race rep it is much more relaxed and comfortable, that is why some people prefer the Busa to the GSXR1000. Same performance, different riding style. Try riding a GSXR1000 hard all day and then on a Busa?

We were at the 10 year celebration of the Busa at Santa Pod and yes the model is still going strong. There is no better or stronger power plant than the GSXR period. While Honda have enjoyed some success at the road racing track, they lack any robustness or longevity to be any good at the drag strip. Come down Santa Pod sometime and see the wall to wall Busa and GSXR power?  The reason for so many Busa and GSXRs is? They are the best.

The Busa is still current line up because they are the finest motorcycle ever built. Nothing compares to a Busa. People talk a lot of hot air about the Busa and there has always a lot of hatred and petty jealousy towards owners of that model because it is the the ultimate riders machine.

By all means get a ZZR14 !!  Either way a Busa or a ZZR, both are truely world shattering motorcycles.

Reply to this Topic
naj27

Nov 12

naj27 says:

busa

suzuki was never a good bike...sad..DUCATI or HONDA !!!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

piglet...as far as I can recall

You have never owned or ridden a Busa yet seem to know so much about it.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ HOSBUSA

Suzuki Hayabusa has the same knee angle (for someone of my height and leg length), but 9° more forward lean than my Honda CBR600F4i. Same forward lean (within 1°) as the GSX-R600 and GSX-R1000, and only 3° less knee bend. That is not a comfortable sport touring position. See for yourself at cycle-ergo.com/ .

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

piglet

i don't think you have ever ridden a bike.  for a second I thought you were peddling fake fendi bags.

'busa is an hold hat.  it was released not 10 years ago, but soon to be 14 years ago.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices