Skip to content

Discuss This Danny Kent to get training tips from James Toseland MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Danny Kent to get training tips from James Toseland

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Danny Kent to get training tips from James Toseland

Danny Kent will embark on a rigorous training regime with former World Superbike champion James Toseland to build up strength ahead of his first season in the Moto2 world championship in 2013. The British teenager kicked off his 2013 pre-season preparations with a test double header in Valencia and Albacete last week on board the Tech 3 Racing Mistral 610 machine. Kent,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 November 2012 15:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Benny its

"was" not is,How many wsbk world champions have there been Benny ?,great achievement yes but that does not transgress into the "greatness" that a multiple moto gp champion can be viewed, also ,yes, he was a good rider at that time ,although his win tally to starts ratio and performance post this time just doesn't convert good to "great",for me at least there have been far better wsbk riders and certainly motogp riders,Nicky Hayden or Wayne Rainey which one was good and which great?,Ricky Hatton found out the difference between good and great last night, and "was" and "is",No British boxer has a greater fan base but that alone is not enough ,Your fellow Welshman Joe Calazaghe, whom I'm honoured to have met is a "great" Boxer,now look at their records, do you see the subtle difference,That for me is the difference between the two labels,JT's loyal fans won't ever agree, but thats what being a fan of an individual is about isn't it

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Stig

Yes but I think you always ignore or refuse to accept is that Toseland won a World Championship on a semi-factory Honda beating the likes of Bayliss,Biaggi,Checa,Haga,Corser...shall we go on..?Also everyone knows that the Yamahas were the best bikes that year..if you can beat a 'great' Superbike legend like Bayliss to a World title,I would think that shows your a bloody good rider!!!

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

parkway

you know bayliss had a bad yr, and jt picked up the pieces, jt was never in the same league has bayliss,haga, foggy etc, jt was a gd rider,not bloody gd,cal is the only brit to master a motogp bike so far, danny wants to get a few tips off him not jt, only thing jt could teach him is how to do his hair before goes onto the grid.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

leecho

Bayliss had a bad year...what you mean cos he got beaten by Toseland?..what about Haga and Corser on full factory Yamahas..they have a bad year as well? I can't remember Checa getting close nor Biaggi...by the way, are you not the guy that said that Hodgson wasn't a proper racer unlike Chris Walker?..although Walker at HM was never as fast as Toseland who in turn was never as quick with the same team as Hodgson...maybe Danny Kent should come to you for some words of wisdom!!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

parkway

Yes I concede that as you state he was a bloody good rider , but again in your words and example Bayliss a great rider , a fine line in bike racing but that's all it takes , the difference in our view is this , eg Chris Walker to me is a cracking rider good entertainment exciting to watch always gives it his best and still extremely popular, but his achievements no where near James Toseland , for what reason we could speculate all day if that Suzuki hadn't blown up or he had gone in this direction or another , but he won't go down as a great , but he has given me more pleasure and entertainment even that win at oulton this year, brilliant to see , but I'm biased I just like the bloke, you remember Toselands highlights for the same reasons ,in such we both elevate our views nothing wrong with that it's how it is , but we can name other riders Sheene, Bayliss ,Rainey etc etc where not necessarily our favourite riders but just acknowledged as greats and no arguments , Hope this makes sense

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Let's not forget

when we're talking of top riders, John Reynolds, multi BSB champ, and of course Hizzy R.I.P.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices