Skip to content

Discuss This Big bikes escape EU anti-tampering measures General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Big bikes escape EU anti-tampering measures

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Big bikes escape EU anti-tampering measures

Motorcycles producing over 47bhp have escaped EU plans to make bikes impossible for owners to modify.  European Parliament has voted in favour of limiting so-called anti-tampering measures to smaller machines.  All new bikes over 125cc will get ABS under the regulation approved by MEPs. Smaller machines can have combined brakes instead.  The anti-tampering measures aim to prevent modifications of bikes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 November 2012 17:02)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

They have gone too far too many times recently, they seriously need to fuck off and stop TAMPERING with us! Un-elected busy body fools

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

We'll catch the collateral though

Common components save money, and if they have to put nanny chips and anti-tamper on the A2s, you can bet they'll appear on the full power bikes as well.

And who rattled the BMF's cage?  They're so "behind the scenes" that they're in the alley behind the theatre putting on a one-man-and-a-rat performance of Death of a Salesman.  MAG may have been largely ineffectual, but at least they've had a laugh with it.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

thats enduro bikes fook then as not many make 46+ bhp

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

I said it before....

.....now is the time to buy a 2 stroke or hold on to your fireblade, GSXR K4/5, R1, ZX9, they will all be worth a mint in a few years from now, and the power output will be better on the old ones.

Come to think of it, that's already happened, today's GSXrs and Blades are not what they were a few years ago.

BMW seem to have sorted it along with Aprillia (Ducati are still expensive shite) but they all cost nearly 20 grand brand new.........not for me, i'll hang on to what i got HRC Blade 1000RR

Reply to this Topic
jahagon

Mar 10

jahagon says:

I've said it before- all of the mechanics I know would happily disconnect that 'tampering light' and then sell you as many performance extras as you'd like. And let's face it, tampering has been going on for years in the learner class. Of all my biking mates with a 50 or 125cc bike, not one of them had it restricted. This tampering rule will be ignored, like it has been for years.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

WAY OF THE DODO.......

.......Yes,bikes will one day go the way of the DODO.

You can scoff,you can laugh,but i'm telling you,it's creeping nearer,slowly but surely.

Bikes will become so mundane that people will just `GIVE UP' riding because of legislation and rules that will make even a super sports tourer 1400 impotent and boring,with the manufacturer's either dying or simply stop making them.

The after market people will eventually have to succumb also,as all mod's eventually will become illegal in this totalitarian shitty world.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Ducatigav

Naw.. that's not enduro bikes f****d - what'll happen is that all the machines in the 33-45 bhp range will finally have their engines upgraded to something more like the ktms.. and produce 48bhp or more. Which is good, because there's a lot of bikes out there that I like but 35bhp in a 650 thumper is not quite enough.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Lets all vote UKIP

Job done  then .

Reply to this Topic
fevs

Jul 11

fevs says:

It's making these mods

illegal that is the problem... we're now open to court orders & fines... possibly even imprisonment should their be a bad situation evolve!

So 'inline with cars'...? Does that mean below 99mg CO is TAX FREE? I bet not!!

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

What can be made can be unmade

Remember all the rubbish about illegal race exhausts? Didn't stop many from having race exhausts.

Same with dark visors.

Same with small plates.

People have allready hacked into standard bike ECUs so they can change the mapping themselves.

With stupid laws whether from the arseholes in Brussels or the arseholes in the UK Parliament, people will not have them. People are sick to death of grey suited ***ts telling us what to do and how to do it in infinite detail why they lie, cheat and scam like they do. MPs are just lowlife scum with a lot of money.

I can easily see a line in aftermarket black box interfaces to bypass the onboard diagnostics system. People are far more clever and determined than the boffs who make that control shit. If it can be made it can be unmade or hacked into. Plus, everyone into modifying bikes has a friendly MOT tester.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices