You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Storing my bike for winter

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

toppie1

Nov 12

toppie1 says:

Storing my bike for winter

I'll be storing my bike for winter but probably take it out for a spin now & then if there's nice weather.

If the bike is stood unused for weeks, is it a good idea to fire it up say, every week and let it run until it's nicely warmed through or, simply let it be?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 November 2012 08:37)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i would if you can go for a short ride to keep the fuel going round and then give it a clean. i am still using my bike when its dry as it still not to told the now for my bike

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Storing

Welcome toppie1,you won`t be storing the bike if your going for a spin,i would put some fuel preservative in and run it through,also charge the battery with a bike charger every 3 weeks.If you have a centre stand use it.

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

storage

As Jaffa says, charge the battery now and then (more so if you have an alarm) but DON'T just run it for a few minutes in the garage,- in fact, never start the engine unless it's going to get hot through. You'll just end up with loads of condensation in the oil.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices