Skip to content

Discuss This Bike journo caught at 160mph was ‘euphoric’ after proposing to girlfriend General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike journo caught at 160mph was ‘euphoric’ after proposing to girlfriend

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Bike journo caught at 160mph was ‘euphoric’ after proposing to girlfriend

A motorcycle journalist caught speeding at 160mph has been banned for three months after telling a court his girlfriend had just agreed to marry him.  Andrew Stevens, 30, who writes for a website, was filmed pulling wheelies at up to 80mph on his Yamaha R1 test bike. He was followed by an unmarked police bike along Seven Mile Lane, near...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 November 2012 10:17)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

luck bastard

how the hell did he get away with a 3 month ban.

No sympathy knob got what he deserved , Ride like a twat and get nicked.

He should have done all the dicking about on the track.

We all speed but 160mph on public roads.

Reply to this Topic
wongy

Nov 12

wongy says:

lucky sod !, i caught pulling a little  wheelie and the banned for a year for dangerous driving and had to take my test again !!!!!!!!!! northamptonshire coppers are less forgiving!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Ban

I got done back in the day for 115 in a 60 limit,  got a ban for that.  Bastard pigs were in an unmarked car in the middle of the night, trying to run me off the road, so I had no choice but to leave the fuckers behind.  Judge wasn't buying it, even though I stopped next to patrolling plod AFTER I'd beaten them, to wait for this lunatic to go away.   Hate them all - scum, liars, cowards and bullies the lot.

Reply to this Topic
RTPRider

Oct 10

RTPRider says:

speeding bikes

No not all police are as you describe. I am a retired officer and was always fair, too fair sometimes. The truth is more people need nicking out on the roads; we're all sad to hear of serious or fatal crashes, especially those involving bikes, and especially so when a non bike has caused the crash. But too many riders ride in a manner that is not suitable for the road, and is likely to cause injury, then blame the police because they get prosecuted. Its simple; ride responsibly, take extra training, ride within your limits and if you want to go more than 70 do a track day. Sorry if I sound boring, but if you want to wipe yourself out, so be it; its when you take someone else that its very wrong and unnecessary. Just because you think you re a good rider doesn't mean that you actually are.

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

@RTPRrider

well said sir

Reply to this Topic
PanPilot

Jan 06

PanPilot says:

Stop and think...

Another case of "It's not fair!" (trembling lip). I've watched this a few times. Basically the guy saw another bike behind him and started showing off, and got drawn into racing on the highway - which is why he got off so lightly, I suspect - the copper should have hit the blues and twos sooner.
I've done it when I was young and daft, and I got nicked, fair cop, guv. I'm prepared to bet most people reading this have at some time. My mate did it. He was leaning his bike at the ton, just like this, and it went away from him; nobody ever knew why. According to the other lad, he bounced for 200 yards 'like a rag doll' and the final bounce landed him on the crash barrier which broke his back. He has been riding a wheelchair for the last 28 years, because nothing works below his shoulders. My other mate did it too. He went into a bend just a little too fast, went off and hit a tree. He is an inscription on a stone somewhere.

In the vid, I notice that this guy was doing 160 not far from the crash barrier. Looks to me like the wire rope type. Aren't they the ones that saw bikers in half?  Not a lot of thinking gone on here....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

If he has a well paid job he got off light . He should have been concentrating on getting back to his darling in a safe &  responsible way , not acting like a 10 year old on Xmas morning . And  why ? is this on here now months after the act , not much up to date news ? .

Reply to this Topic
biker1473

Apr 09

biker1473 says:

@rockabillyboy "why is this on here months after the fact" Errm, maybe because of a little thing called the Contempt of Court Act 1981?

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I'd say the fact the copper chased him for so long, allowing both their speeds to reach 160 mph, was the reason the chap got off lightly. The video doesn't lie. If it was so dangerous, the copper'd have hit the lights and siren way before the rider hit those speeds.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices