Skip to content

MOTO-GUZZI First ride! New Moto Guzzi California CALIFORNIA

You are in... Forums > MOTO-GUZZI > CALIFORNIA > First ride! New Moto Guzzi California

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Editorial  says:

First ride! New Moto Guzzi California

Moto Guzzi's new California 1400 is proving every bit as good to ride as it is to look at. MCN Senior Road Tester Adam Child is currently putting the all-new heavyweight cruiser through its paces in the south of France and is impressed. He says: "I've been riding it along the coast road between Cannes and St Tropez and am loving...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 November 2012 13:22)

Post a message in CALIFORNIA

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

Adam couldn't resist

showing off his new engagement ring.................

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Adam Child

To star in Free Willy Part Deux.

Reply to this Topic
Mr Kurtz

Jul 08

Mr Kurtz says:

Solar Powered Biker Garden Gnomes - Available Now!

3ft high.  Stands on white plastic plinth.  Only from  Moto Guzzi lifestyle merchandising.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Looks some size, but carries its size well. A good looking bike

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Oi MCN

Why'd  ya pull the "add a caption" line a the bottom of the piccy then?.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

ChiPs lives?

The big Goose should provide some competition to the Thunderbird Storm in the "I want a heavy cruiser, but not one that looks like a Hardly-Ableson" class.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Missed opportunity?

When I look at those photos of Chad on the bike, I can't help thinking that he missed a great opportunity here. What with his rather splendid Movember 'tash and leather jacket, all he needed was a pair of black leather trousers to complete the 'Village People' look. So close.

Reply to this Topic
peter rabbit

Nov 02

peter rabbit says:

love to see the guy from the KTM vid on this...

Reply to this Topic
garmit

Feb 11

garmit says:

Right for whom?

The new Cali may be 'Right' for the sportsbike mad journos at MCN but the reason Guzzis are so popular within the Guzzi Community is because of their simplicity. The Tonti framed models can be maintained with a few spanners on the side of the road and once the crap switches have been updated they are tremendously reliable and good for at least a few hundred thousand miles. Putting all this gismology and gadgetry on the Goose will serve no purpose other than beating a Honda Goldwing in Top Trumps. Cut the crap and give us a modern 850 T Cali. Then you'll be onto something. And once that's sorted chuck the engine in a Tonti frame and give us a new Le Mans true to the spirit of the Mark 1 to Mark V models.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I've always fancied a Cali, especially the 70's version with footboards, screen, buddy seat - this could well tempt me away from my Blackbird, especially if the exhausts could be changed, ie slimmed down a bit. Nice one Moto Guzzi! (Yes, I'm turning into an old phart, but the years of excesses are catching up sadly).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices