Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards approaches Yamaha about 2014 engine deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards approaches Yamaha about 2014 engine deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards approaches Yamaha about 2014 engine deal

Colin Edwards has held tentative talks with senior Yamaha management about his Forward Racing squad leasing a YZR-M1 engine and electronics package for the 2014 MotoGP world championship. Yamaha will lease as many as four YZR-M1 motor packages for 2014, as the factories commit more entries to end MotoGP being a two-tier class with factory prototypes and production-based CRT machinery. Honda has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 November 2012 14:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Be good to see Colin back on competitive machinery, too good to be trundling around at the back

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

yeah it's now 50% rider and 50% bike where as before the rider was the most important now he's not.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Colin Edwards

Is not as old as Biaggi or Checa. I am one who remembers Colin who began his WSB career in 1995 on a works Yamaha. His partner that year was a fast and promising Japanese rider Yasutomo Nagai who sadly lost his life while racing.  Colin is in fact 38  was twice WSB champion and has had a good steady career in MotoGp the highlight of which must be partnering Valentino Rossi on the Gauloise Yamaha in 2005 finishing that year 4th in the championship.   Colin has never really set the world on fire but in my opinion is still capable of top 6 finishes on the right machine.    Good luck with the M1 engine.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Yes Rev Nagai crashed heavily at Assen and never regained consciousness from a coma.  He was one of the first to bring the 'mooneyes' helmet design to international racing circuits.   Now I don't know if I dare say this but the very first to use the 'mooneyes' was one British racer - John Cooper of 1960's fame.   I apologise if anyone is bored by the history but there's not much happening on the forums at the moment.

Reply to this Topic
naj27

Nov 12

naj27 says:

noob rider

Colin needs a break..motogp is for strong competitive riders..he ain't aggressive and fast !!! go home old chap !!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

naj27

What's a noob rider ?   I kind of have to agree but he's got 'personality and character' which is sadly lacking in the modern young racers and he's still in there doing it unlike others who have fallen by the wayside.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Colin didnt previously do much with a full factory Yamaha engine, and frame under him.

Reply to this Topic
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

Get back to World Superbikes Colin and let us see you at the front on decent machinery fighting for the championship.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

'Out of date and out of time' -

you would have to say yes - on the other hand if a team is willing to pay you good money to race a motorbike in MotoGP at the age of 38 wouldn't you grab the chance - I would.  What you have to remember is racing is these guys lives they don't know anything else and THEY LOVE IT.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

He peaked in 2002.

He can be proud of what he's left as a legacy, but unfortunately the game is up for dear old Colin. A final "hurrah" in Supers - it'd be a fitting end to a great character?..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices