Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards approaches Yamaha about 2014 engine deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards approaches Yamaha about 2014 engine deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards approaches Yamaha about 2014 engine deal

Colin Edwards has held tentative talks with senior Yamaha management about his Forward Racing squad leasing a YZR-M1 engine and electronics package for the 2014 MotoGP world championship. Yamaha will lease as many as four YZR-M1 motor packages for 2014, as the factories commit more entries to end MotoGP being a two-tier class with factory prototypes and production-based CRT machinery. Honda has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 November 2012 14:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

Top bloke.

Colin's a fuckin' legend.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Edwards

Hes got years left in him yet , anyone remember Bruno kneubuhler? , showing my age now :P

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Why is Colin a legend? Never won a race on a factory bike in Moto Gp. Nori could have done that easilly .I hope Nori quits now as he was far of in BSB? Still a way beter rider than Colin ever was.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Is Nori a double world champ?

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Nori had a chance in motogp with Red Bull Yamaha. Lots of crashes, finished 14th in the standings.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Colin's

heyday was WSB, a great rider and a good all-round guy, especially when it was down to the 1 point in it for the title with Bayliss, that was a heart stopper. But, entering MotoGP has been a complete waste of time, he's got worse on a CRT bike. I mean, he's now a joke, he should have returned to WSB instead of bumbling round on a CRT, and he's still looking to stay in the MotoGP circus.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Why the hate?

To all those belittling Colin, trust me, you'll miss him when he's gone. The guy is sheer entertainment, and last time I checked, bike racing is supposed to be entertainment too. Max and Carlos can win entire championships at the same age, so I reckon he's still got plenty to give the sport. Reading between the lines I reckon Colin is thinking about moving into team management in the long run, and this will be a great way to dip his toes into the job - overseeing development of a prototype machine with one of the worlds best engines.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Mr Krabs and Ch987 i do agree Nori has done nothing at all in Moto Gp although he had a great Wild card race once in Japan. And was a very prominent factor in arguably the finest 500cc race at Phillip Island ever. Both Colin and Nori rode the first ride by Wire Aprillia Cube 3 cilinder bike. Wich had a bit too much electronics for it's time. But that numatic valve Cosworth engine sounded so sweet. So mr. Krabs? Troy Corser also took 2 World titles in Wsbk. Nori was his team mate for 2 years at Yamaha Italia. Nori never broke a sweat beating Troy jus't about every race. So do Troy's 2 titles make him a better rider than Nori? I think not. Plus everyone knows Haga had a bogus penalty when he was really the champ on the legendary R7. So al in al it's. 1-1 in titles. Without Max taking out Nori at Misano? It could have been 2-1 to Nori. Of course i am defending my Hero! I got nothing against Colin, love his oneliners in the papers and interviews. But he ain't no top rider.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Rev? Im geussing yes.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

an answer to a dumb question

The talk of the m1 motors is for the 2014 season you knob.so the rules for 2013 are of no consequence ,bit like you Benny

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle