Skip to content

General Look out on the roads next year.... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Look out on the roads next year....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

Look out on the roads next year....

....could be interesting!!..:shock:..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/20454629

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 November 2012 19:28)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cairnsie13

Jan 11

cairnsie13 says:

Sometimes i just dont

get the dvla. The harp on about making roads safer and introduce the ridiculous laws for next year regarding taking your test but then say you can bung a 16 year old on a moped and let him drive something as big as a car. You can still kill somone or severly injure someone driving a car at 30mph.

They will hold up traffic as i cant imagine up any sort of incline they will manage anywhere near 28mph as they will be alot heavy than a ped and will therefore have an increased penalty up a bank compared to 1.

I sometimes think 16 year olds on ped significantly contribute to the negative impression of people who ride motorbike sometimes as they drive like nutters. But driving a car they will be more of a danger to other people than themselves than they would be on a ped.

Luckily i cant see it catching onwith 16year olds i mean 10k for that car is ridiculous and i imagine the insurance will be similar.

However i can see it catching on with people too incompetent or unwilling to pay to pass there car test therefore increasing the amount of bad drivers on the road. As a £100 and quick pootle around on a ped and you can have a car. I definiantly think we will be seeing these cars on the road but it wont be 16 year olds driving them it will be worse.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

aixam

Imagine how fast it'll go with 4 chavs in it!!!  :lol:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Have seen one at the NEC today

Looked like a cool little car. Smart interior and all mod cons. Up at the front, bonnet open, I had to do a double take to check I hadn't imagined what I saw. There is no doubt in my mind though. My Kenwood mixer has a bigger, and probably more powerful motor.

On the plus side, there is no danger of scraping your knuckles while you work on it. I can safely say there is plenty of space under that bonnet. :smile

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

It is

a modern Peel P50.

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

not good

I think mopeds are safer because they're light and underpowered.  These cars might be underpowered, but they're heavy, therefore can do a lot of damage if driven badly. Plus they'll just get in the way, force motorists to overtake, cause congestion and potential accidents that way.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

if you have only a full bike test done .  can you buy one of these car and fit a huge engine in to it? ?

if you can then more would be sold over winter to bikes to run

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

how......

:blink::blink::wacko::wacko::blink::blink:

can it be in the same class as a moped when it has 4 wheels... a body and steering wheel!!!  surely that makes it A CAR!!!!! ???

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

I go with what gunga says

Busa or zzr motor in it :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle