Skip to content

General KTM Duke 125 rear tire Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > KTM Duke 125 rear tire

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

KTM Duke 125 rear tire

went to go out with my friends on friday, came to the bike took off the locks and cover....fuck flat tire..

Bike shop picking it up monday, any idea what a fair price is to fit a new one?

Im expecting over 100?

regrets

Jawa

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 November 2012 16:48)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

maybe more....

if they are doing the transporting and wheel removal/refitting.....best to take the wheel out yourself and take it to the workshop...even if you have to go by bus.....always best to minimise labour costs with vehicles...need a new bulb?take it out yourself and go and buy one like it (from a car shop).etc...:smile

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

tools

no tools for that oldish...

Reply to this Topic
cairnsie13

Jan 11

cairnsie13 says:

Its worth doing yourself

if you can and just taking a loose wheel. Normally it costs me about 7 -10 quid if i take a loose wheel and my own tyre that includes balancing. If they transporting the bike you may be able to buy the tools with the cost you save from them not doing that then you have the tools forever.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Jawapawa

put a socket set on your Christmas list. Once you have one you will have it for always. They never wear out and save you ££££

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

rear tyre

Not as easy as you think,trail bike, no centre stand,no scissor jack,no long pieces of wood,no ropes to hang it to the rafters.The wheel is still on.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
Perki6

Aug 10

Perki6 says:

I am with davemdixon gets some tools on your  Christmas list. My mum bought me some when i were 16, thought to my self i never going to use them. But now it one of the best presents i ever had :smile i even used them to take the rear wheel of my 125 couple of years ago( puncture ). it cost me £5 to get it fixed, the company were not interested if the wheel were still on the bike.  

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Better add

a paddock stand to your Christmas list too.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

paddock stands....

are adjustable....so if you buy one it should fit any future bike you get....20 quid for a rear one.Jawa, what would you do if it was a push bike?.....get a mate to help you put it on it's head(on something soft) slacken off the adjusters (10&12 mm open ended spanners) and loosen the spindle(maybe 20& 22mm sockets).p.s..mole grips should be in every ones tool box.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

i should

i should buy tools and a paddock stand...

i will look into it

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Jawa....

I always look at bike maintenance in the perspective of 'I'm in the desert,miles from anywhere,what the f***************.do I do?...well I bodge it...a pair of mole grips are your second 'any size' spanner.(even on axle nuts).Gaffer tape will support anything.Cable ties, cost a fortune,( in sizes you will rarely use) but all those motorway banking tree guards will have re-usable cable ties on them,that you can use to bodge any non heat related fractures.etc...etc...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices