Skip to content

Ask an Expert Help buying yamaha xt660r Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Help buying yamaha xt660r

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

pearcey115

Nov 12

pearcey115 says:

Help buying yamaha xt660r

Hey ive been to a dealer today to buy a yamaha xt660r because my gs500f has about had it, but ive got to get the xt660r will need to be restricted to 33bhp how fast would that go? id hate to buy it for 4 grand and it only go about 60mph, cheers matt  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 November 2012 16:54)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

No idea...

No one has responded so I guess no one else knows either. I don't know  but I'm guessing as follows:
I would expect a 250 four stroke trail bike (typically 20-25BHP)  to top out at about 75. Acceleration wouldn't be great up to that (even the old DT175MX 2 stroke (17 BHP) was quoted at 72mph but was reliable up to 65). Gearing on the 660 might be too high after its been restricted but on this basis I would hope it would after re-gearing be at least as capable as a 250...

Andy.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Restricted big bike

Not sure there's all that much point in getting a big bike when it's so restricted.  All the weight, none of the power. 

This dude had got a gsxr600 -2011 model, same as mine, but restricted.  Brand new.   What's the point of that, paying all that money for performance you're not going to get more than a sniff of?

All the same - he'd wrecked it next time I called to the same garage, so I suppose it's just as well it was restricted.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle