Skip to content

Products Tyre review: Michelin Pilot Road 3 Tyres

You are in... Forums > Products > Tyres > Tyre review: Michelin Pilot Road 3

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Tyre review: Michelin Pilot Road 3

Michelin Pilot Road 3 tyres, £235 (approx)Miles covered/time: 1000 miles/six months What’s good: I tried a set of these Michelins on a Honda CBF1000 that I was running over winter a while back and they were amazing. Sticking them on my old 1998 Honda CBR600F has transformed the braking, handling and wet grip. The bike is so much better than it was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 November 2012 11:19)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Great tyre

I've been using the Road 2 and they are the best road tyre I've ever had. Grip is well beyond what I need and the life is awesome. I ride a GSXR1000 and used to use Pirelli Diablo Corsa and also tried the Pilot power 2ct and TBH the road2 grip as well on road use and last at least twice as long. I can imagine the Road 3 is even better. A very impressve tyre.

Reply to this Topic
mozthegreat

Aug 09

mozthegreat says:

Excellent tyer's

I currently use pilot road's which are only something like £146 to buy and i use them on my XJR1300 and i'm mighty impressed with the mile's i've had out of them, so if the pilot 2 & 3 are any better i'll be happy to try them one day.

Reply to this Topic
mark3evo

Mar 09

mark3evo says:

PR3's

i had these on my Gen2 hayabusa , used to get around 4,500 to 5,500 miles on rear and 8,000 on front and they were well and truly shot. even did 2 trackdays at cadwell in them, great in the wet torrential in scotland,but quite slow steering, compared to my current Dunlop sportsmax word of warning the deep treads and sipes make them fall apart on a dyno at 195 rwhp, i could pull huge chunks of rubber off with my fingers

Reply to this Topic
womblejim

Oct 13

womblejim says:

See how it goes

I have a new Triumph Street Triple which came with Pirelli Diablo Corsas. I use the bike to commute and I couldn't feel confident when it was wet with those tyres (which are great in the dry summer months) as they couldn't get the heat into them. Given its now late October the weather is only going to get worse so I was recommended the Pilot 3s by other riders and I have just made the change so will see how we go...

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I currently have them on my Suzuki B1250S. They are a good tyre, heaps of grip even when cold and work well in the rain. I have done about 12,000 km on them and they are nearly worn. They are a bit too soft for my liking. The front right is worn heavily. I might try Pirelli Angels next as I've heard they are harder.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle