You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Pirelli MT60

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Fizzeetoast

Jul 12

Fizzeetoast says:

Pirelli MT60

Basically this is a really silly question but one that I would feel more comfortable asking than just kind of gambling on it. My Honda XR125 has Pirelli MT60s fitted front and back and I was wondering what tyre pressure I would need in these? I know i'm running under inflated tyres at the moment so I would like to get it sorted out asap, my honda manual only states 22 psi for off road tyres but these ones should surely be a lot higher and I didnt really know where else to look, I had a little look at the pirelli website and put in my bikes model but even then I wasn't sure if it was telling me the max psi or the suggested.

Sorry for the silly question, thanks for any help.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 November 2012 21:06)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

tyre pressures

I would try something like 24front,28rear, and see how it feels. Wouldn't go much more, as your bike only weighs as much as a bag of sugar  :wink:

Reply to this Topic
Fizzeetoast

Jul 12

Fizzeetoast says:

Ahh

So the number it says on the tyre (50 or 60 I think it was) is the maximum psi it can take and not recommended to have anywhere near that? It's just 24/28 doesn't seem like a big increase as i've got 22/22 in at the moment and the steering feels heavy and the back wheel actually feels like it slips sometimes when i'm just rolling (without leaning at all). I understand that this could be a wheel bearing issue but I was hoping as my tyre pressure is out that it would fix both of these problems.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

tyre pressures

You'll be surprised at how just a few extra psi will make a difference. Because you have none standard tyres fitted, it'll take a little trial and error to find a good compromise.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

tyres

I would say trail tyres,also as fogie says.:smile

Reply to this Topic
Fizzeetoast

Jul 12

Fizzeetoast says:

sorted

Ah cool well i'll do that then thanks a lot for the help :smile

Reply to this Topic
Fizzeetoast

Jul 12

Fizzeetoast says:

One thing I forgot to ask

Sorry, just a quick one - surely the petrol station gauges are a bit dodgy so is it worth getting my own foot pump with a gauge or something?

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

foot pump

Never trust the gauges on a footpump either :lol: Buy yourself a decent pocket tyre pressure gauge, it should last you a lifetime. 

Reply to this Topic
Fizzeetoast

Jul 12

Fizzeetoast says:

gauge

Ah sounds good, yeah it's really hard to find an accurate gauge on a pump. Thanks again for the help

Reply to this Topic
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

Tyre pressures

Even the Pirelli fitment book doesn't have figures - so I am told. In which case hunt down the little sticker on all Hondas, either under the saddle or on the chainguard which should give you the info you need. If it's been washed off, head down to your local Honda dealer for the info.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices