Skip to content

General 250cc bike though never ridden? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > 250cc bike though never ridden?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

adam385

Nov 12

adam385 says:

250cc bike though never ridden?

Hi I'm going to be 20 next year and I'm wondering if its possible to skip the whole 50-125cc bikes and jump straight onto a 250(or maybe a restricted ER6N or others whichever is better) I haven't ridden before and will need to do a cbt but I need to know if its possible that I can jump onto a 250 right away without riding a 125 scooter for a year.

Is it possible I can take a direct access course at 20 because I will be over 21 when the 2 year period is up?

I'm looking at the ninja 250r as reviews of it has said that it is a great new rider bike.

Also have seen a lot of these biker meets/gatherings were a bunch of motorists meet up and go on a long ride together(looks a lot of fun) wondering if there is any sort of sites I can find out about ones that may be close to my area.

If it's possible that I can ride a 250 or a restricted will this change at all with the new rules for 2013?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 November 2012 10:51)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I'm not an officianado

on the whole rules and regs but for what it's worth here goes just to briefly answer your query:

As you are not 21 you can not take a DAS so you will have to do a CBT plus theory then you can take mod 1 and mod 2 (preferably not on the same day as if you fail mod 1 you can't take mod 2)

Once both tests have been passed you will have a restricted licence for 2 years which allows you to ride up to a 33BHP.

I'm fairly sure I'm right but more info from others will put me straight if I'm not

However in January 2013 the rules change quite dramatically, I'm pretty sure someone on here will give you the new restrictions

Hope this helps a little

Reply to this Topic
chriscg

Jan 10

chriscg says:

im

not sure on the technical stuff but why dont u just do your cbt and see how confident you feel.This may change your view point on the bike you want,or maybe it wont.

agree with you on the 250 ninja,looks really good.

start ur trainning mate,and if you come home from ur cbt cold,damp,but still have a grin on your face congratulations,your a bike nut just like me :.)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices