Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN November 28: Triumph Trio Spied General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN November 28: Triumph Trio Spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New MCN November 28: Triumph Trio Spied

In this week's MCN, out November 29, we bring you exclusive shots of three brand new Triumphs, including a new Bonneville-based cafe racer and the long-awaited replacement for the Tiger 1050. We also bring you the UK's first test of Moto Guzzi's potential saviour, the California 1400 Touring. Also this week: a look back at the revolutionary Yamaha GTS1000, used Monsters for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 November 2012 12:19)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

you teasing buggars mcn lol, im excited for my work time read

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

GTS1000 ...

Yamaha had a prety good FJ1200 that had 129bhp and a fine Reputation as a comfy and rapid Sports Tourer. Yamaha gave us a 100bhp radical design that kind of put people off

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

GTS thou

It was conceived when Marting Bangemann (remember him?) was trying to enfore a 100bhp limit. The GTS was "only"  a 100bhp. I'd love one of them now. i always did like them. They were overpriced and underpowered....

A YZF750 engine would fit in though :-)

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

I'm not that surprised

that Tommy Hill has chosen to take next season off. I was at Assen this year and saw the grid incident where he came off his bike when someone walked in front of it, as he came back through the grid, on the warm-up lap. He broke a footrest I believe and despite their best efforts he had to start from the pit lane. Following this, to have the protest about having his tyre warmers on for a few seconds too long, must have seriously pissed him off. He probably felt that events were conspiring against him doing the double. He looked really annoyed on the grid after the collision, but he really tried hard to compete. Unfortunately he only completed a few laps before having to retire in the first race. But even in those few laps he made the fastest lap time to gain pole for the second race, only to have the tyre warmer protest which, if I remember correctly, put him back to 6th on the grid. I hope he comes back after his season off, whether it be in BSB, WSB, MotoGp or whateve,r as he is a real talent, a good ambassador for the sport and seems like a jolly nice bloke too! 

Reply to this Topic
MistaO

Jul 11

MistaO says:

Triumphs...

So I went to the NEC las Saturday, to hopefully see and put a deposit on the 2013 Tiger that has been rumoured for ages - nada! And now the "outing" by MCN tomorrow. Is this a media ploy? Will it suddenly appear at the NEC this week?? If not, I can't believe that Triumph would pass up the opportunity to launch at the UK's biggest show??! Bonkers

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Agree with Snev, the FJ1100/1200 was a cracking bike. Never owned one but rode a few and loved it, only downside being not much ground clearance. It was much missed when it was discontinued and it took another 5 years for the FJR1300 to appear and replace it, in the mean time, we were fobbed off with the XJ900 facelift which was a poor replacement. Don't know why Yamaha didn't keep the FJ going till the FJR was ready coz the engine was still in use in the XJR so it couldn't have been emissions that killed it.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

sat nav...

I owned but also "lusted after", for a few months before Owning one... an 88 FJ1200 in Midnight Blue 129 BHP standing Quarter in 11 Secs Dead @ 126MPH Not much slower than the BMW BRICK REPLACEMENT "OF 2009 Vintage!" K1300s, But that is "Comfy Mind!"..... anyway, the FJ1200 which I rode for @24000 miles in @18 months was a FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR....BETTER Bike than the BMW BRICK NOT TO MENTION THE K1......PREUNIT...PICTURE PLEASE! I raced Pretty much every conceivable Bike, Car and Train that existed at the time, Even did 155mph down the Local Duel Carriage Way Being chased by a cop in a Siera XR4x4 and got a "Ticking Off" for "Going a bit Quick" I only Died ermmmm Not Once Learnt an awfull lot about how to Ride and Ride Beyond the Speed Limits That were set when Morris Minors Could only Hit 70mph!!! on a clear stretch of Motorway. I Rode in "FUCK ME DANGEROUS CLOTHING" compared to Todays offerings, managed to ride through the winter without the help of SAXA or Oxford or Sat Nav (sorry m8) No ABS, APPS, TCS, MODES, ANAL AIDS, or SPEED CAMERAS, UNMARKED BIKES, SAFETY PARTNERSHIPS (TAX TAX TAX Collectors)or any other "Thinly Disguised Government Money Making Scams. No Hi Vis, Back Protectors, Knee Sliders Flip Lids, Adventure Bikes, Super Moto's JUSTIN BIEBERS!!!, And guess what The FJ1200 would be a cracking Bike Now IMHAWEEO. And Yes I Know all the other people who rode bikes are now dead because they all exceeded the speed limit... apart from those who are Riding Gods....... Cue Expert Comments....

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Snev!

Just to clarify the Sat Nav nickname. Its coz I.m the SatNav. Havn't got one, don't want one. I use maps and Google maps to find out where I want to go and program my own brain!!!  I went to France last year and the hotel I wanted to find, I found on Google Street view. Never been to that town but rode straight to the door coz I had already been in virtual reality!! LOL. Besides, when travelling distance, getting lost is all part of the fun. Wouldn't mind buying an FJ1200 as a project rebuild as its still a good bike today but havn't got room in the garage. Got my Lotto tickets for this week though, then I'll be looking for a four car garage with a nice house on the side!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

what is a "sat Nav"?

I Once rode around France on the FJ1200 Using the "Sun and Stars to Navigate" Lost all me Luggage off the back somewhere in the pyreneese , Got "Smiled" at on the "Autoroute" by the Local Police Whilst every one was driving to within about 5MPH of there top speed. Lovely Un-congested roads, Wonder why????. Stopped at various "Litle Wine Shacks" to sample the local produce, Got Trapped under Me Bike when it sank into the mud during a Thunder storm and fell over on to my Tent. Rode Through Paris with out a map (it did take a couple of atempts!) got to the ferry at midnight and got home at 4.30am whilst riding with a chap on a Guzzi who had no head light..... He got home OK. Ahhhh Those were the days.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Snev!

Great story! Made me smile . Thats what biking hols are all about! Looking forward to next years!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle