Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez tests 2013 Honda in Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez tests 2013 Honda in Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez tests 2013 Honda in Sepang

Improved weather conditions at the Sepang track in Malaysia today enabled Marc Marquez to enjoy his most productive day on board Honda’s RC213V 1000cc MotoGP machine to date. The reigning Moto2 world champion completed a 60-lap stint, which was more than the combined laps he’d managed in three previous weather-hit days on track in Valencia and Sepang. Having got used to the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 November 2012 12:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Adjusting to what ?

It looks like he was attuned to the weight, Bridgestone,power and CF brakes from his first outing on the GP bike. After Stoner's retirement I have something to look forward to 5 months down the track. Over rated not. Great expectations will also not weigh on this one's mind and distract him. He just loves winning like his predecessor.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

FIRST OFF IM NOT HAVING A DIG, but i dont understand how johnny rea was 2.5sec's off on his first day of testing this bike and marquez is only a 1sec Is he really that good?

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

PROBLEM

Mark Maquez is a brilliant rider but theirs a big hurdle he will have to overcome next year and he is called Dani Pedrosa. Every one is on about Casey Stoner but Danni was certainly the better rider last season. I can see Marquez will crash a lot next season trying to stay with Danni. The only rider i can see beating Danni next year is Lorenzo and even for him that will be difficult    

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Marquez

is going to be very quick from the first GP, with his comittment and mind-set, he could well be a problem to the top three riders, from the word go, if he can use some of that talent to finish a race, and not do a repeat of when he entered Moto2, but either way, he's going to be the most exciting prospect for next year. 

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

eddl, Who's time are you comparing Marc's too, as I thought he was just testing with Alvaro, who is genrally 1 second back from pole.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Rea is a Brit

and so the word  BRITnFAST don't go together.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

MM will be World Champion soon.

http://www.motogp.com/en/Results+Statistics

"The lap record is help by Casey Stoner from 2007 when the Australian set a best of 2.02.108."

2012 QP at Sepang

1  Lorenzo   2'00.334

2  Pedrosa   2'00.528

3  Dovi         2'00.567

4  Stoner      2'00.811 

5  Cal           2'01.178

6  Spies       2'01.185

Marquez also got chance to test the 2013 model on his way to a best time of 2.01.355.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

@eddi

if Honda are like the other manufactures then I bet they turned the engine down when REA raced it to save it for stoner return or REA just wasn't fast enough lol

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Sheene Fan7

Couln't find the final figure but by Mugello Casey had only used 2 engines so had plenty spare. But I doubt Rea had one of  the newer spec engines Honda brought out after that and Casey kept the old frame.  The bike that Marquez has been riding is the brought forward 2013 bike Dani was riding at the end of the season not the 2012 bike Rea probably  rode.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

We'll see just how good he is first race up against Bradl who has been on the same bike for a year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices