Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden confident Ducati can cure understeer issue MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden confident Ducati can cure understeer issue

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden confident Ducati can cure understeer issue

Nicky Hayden remains confident Ducati can solve a persistent understeer issue that has dogged the Desmosedici MotoGP project in recent years. The understeer issue was a constant complaint of Valentino Rossi during his disastrous two-year stint with Ducati, which ended in him walking out to sign a new deal with Yamaha for 2013 and 2014. Hayden believes Ducati made some progress in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 November 2012 12:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Good evening Nostro

'It shall be interesting to follow to combined progess of Ducati (with some engineering muscle behind them)'

I'm interested to know where this muscle will come from - who is available with sufficient technical wizardry  to turn the Ducati back into a winner ? 

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

The future might be bright Benny

But your not you dimwit, Unusual to hear your moronic ranting about spotty again, is your mum calling you in for bitty ?

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

wosi

Yes Hayden did beat Pedrosa ( in his rookie year)but  Dani still won as many races as Nikky. Dani beat him comfortably the next.

Dovi had the same bike for 3 years and didn't finish higher than Dani.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I know it can't be easy for you Saturn

drifting about out there in a long slow orbit. But you really ought to try harder to keep up and stop gazing at your fetid yellow navel.

From just one short week ago in these pages;

Preziosi said the impact of Audi’s involvement in Ducati and the MotoGP project would be invaluable and he told MCN: “I am very optimistic for the future because Ducati is changing a lot. Ducati is now part of a huge group (Audi) not only with a lot of economic resources but also with an incredibly high level of technology.  We are waiting for some tooling to arrive, which we have dreamed of for years. Now we have the opportunity to have these things.”

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

C'mon Stig, banter's one thing..

..but this constant barrage of abuse is not cool. We know the Reverend can be a pain in the ass - but we can all act like a cock at times. Chill brother..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Midget's bike Wosi?

Don't forget, Nicky spanked Dani last time they were riding the same big bikes, as opposed to the corgi toy 800 designed for midgets.

Always been intrigued by this claim that the 212V was scaled down for Pedrosa  -  anyone compared the dimensions to the 990? Bigger riders than Hayden coped pretty well on the 800 bikes, the physical size of them wasn't really an issue. The current bikes are no bigger.

2006 was also Pedrosa's first year in Motogp and winning 3 races wasn't a bad start. Hayden was in his fourth(?)  so saying he 'spanked' Pedrosa is maybe overstating it. Pedrosa scored one more win than Hayden. Had it not been for the Barcelona 1st lap incident, Capirossi would probably have had the 2006 title anyway.

Hayden probably has had the rough end during his years since 2006, R& D work for Honda during many 800 races and then 4 years on the Ducati. During all of that time he's probably had no influence on how the bike is developed. Maybe 2013 he may get the opportunity to do just that and you never know, he may find an answer. There was plenty to suggest he was doing a better job than Rossi at finding a set up for the bike.

Interesting times ahead in the Ducati camp.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

Believe nothing of what you hear or read and only half of what you see! 

Where are they going to find the engineering genius to make Ducati a winner ?  The only thing that Audi bring is money which granted will give Ducati the opportunity to experiment more but they still have to find the engineers to turn it round. They've already had the best in the business (allegedly) and he could'nt do it.

As in govenment - reshuffling the cabinet does not necessarily bring results.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I agree, money alone doesn't guarantee success

But with money and their huge resources, Audi should be able to ensure that many engineering jobs that are currently outsourced by Ducati can in future be done 'in-house'. That alone should enable quicker turnaround in rider / engineering ideas from drawing board to bike, which can only help.

Still can't help but wonder how much the tyres have messed up Ducati since the control tyre was introduced. Prior to 2007 (I realise 2009 was the control tyre) I can't recall any reports from riders that the earlier GP bikes had front end issues (and they had the same L engine as now) The alloy frame has proved that the CF frame wasn't to blame (surely?)

What's left?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hello Bulto

Yes good points - Ducati will be able to address issues in a timely manner and I can see that improvements will be quicker but IMO I think the bike needs to be re-designed from the drawing board which will take a bit of time. Can't see a magical improvement in the next two seasons.

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

It is amusing to still read comments from armchair experts, about how the problem with the Ducati must be the 90 degree L engine since the alloy frame was not the solution to the problem.

I wonder what these experts have to say now that evidence has emerged that the Honda engine is in fact also a 90 degree L configuration.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices