Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden confident Ducati can cure understeer issue MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden confident Ducati can cure understeer issue

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden confident Ducati can cure understeer issue

Nicky Hayden remains confident Ducati can solve a persistent understeer issue that has dogged the Desmosedici MotoGP project in recent years. The understeer issue was a constant complaint of Valentino Rossi during his disastrous two-year stint with Ducati, which ended in him walking out to sign a new deal with Yamaha for 2013 and 2014. Hayden believes Ducati made some progress in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 November 2012 12:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Rev

I really hope your right Benny, I think there is a new confidence at Ducati now with new hands at the helm....  In reality the factory prototypes should all be at the top of the pile, not finishing behind satellites every weekend and even CRT's on bad days....  Project seems to have gone consitently backward or stagnated since their early promise in class debut, which is strange compared to a WSBK project that has gone the other direction...  Time for change :P

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

God I hope they sort it out

We need more competitive bikes. But actually I just want them to sort it for Nickys sake. He's always been patient and professional about the Duc he deserves to be given a decent bike he can show some class on. Say what you like about how he won his championship but he is an Ex world champion and I belive he's still fast.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Ducaudi

I hope so , but i'll believe it when i see Dovin on the rostrum in the Dry when they all finish

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Audi takeover

heralds Ducati's second coming ?       Nah -   can't see it myself    where is their expertise in prototype motorcycle development ?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Understeer or overrated?

When a frankly mediocre rider (in this company, it's not 2006 anymore when Nicky was the third best rider out there) like Hayden can on occasion run with the fast boys you'd have to say the bike is pretty damn close. The Duke probably is not as good as either of the Japanese bikes, but it's a damn sight closer than most of the fools on here, or the media in general profess.

Whilst I'm sure understeer has been an issue for them in the past two years, it hasn't been nearly as big an issue as overrated riders.

It shall be interesting to follow to combined progess of Ducati (with some engineering muscle behind them) and Dovi who should bring some clarity of direction missing in the last couple of years. I'm picking a lot more podiums for Ducati 2013 than this season. Shouldn't be difficult!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Ooh you are awful

Funniest post yet Benny. Just for a minute I thought you was being serious. I think you'll find the futures bright, the futures Repsol orange.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Nostro

I agree that the Ducati isn't far off. But it's that last few tenths that are the hardest to find. If you take Casey out of the equation in ten years what have they won. Loris a couple, Bayliss one I think, and thats it. Personally I just can't see them ever catching the Japanese and beating them on a regular basis.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

too late now

its all too late for hayden now,new guns are in the same boat now and im sure will get better results, not taking anything away form nicki here tho as i do recall his honda days very good rides indeed against a very fast then rossi, ducati need new meat, and they have it.roll on 2013,no more excuses.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Rain for rent..

When serial under achiever and repsol rent boy wins more races than the crowned WC..you know the bike he's riding is head & shoulders..

Don't forget, Nicky spanked Dani last time they were riding the same big bikes, as opposed to the corgi toy 800 designed for midgets.

Fk me..Bautista finished fifth?

Put Dovi, Hayden and Spies on an RCV like Alvaro's and they'd beat him and Bradl every weekend..

The Ducati has a multitude of issues..understeer, a light switch power delivery, limited front and rear traction, it eats tyres etc. etc.

Rossi has turned the bike around as far as is possible with that fkin great dinosaur of an engine shoe-horned into a makeshift chassis. The DNA is all wrong. As is..it's nowhere near being a title contender, despite the limited progress. The Japs have left Ducati scratching their heads.

Unfortunately for the current crop of riders, Ducati will gather reams of useless data next year and nothing will change..until they expunge all remnants of Prezels design to the bin and start again from the ground up.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

It's only

cash that Audi bring to Ducati, they don't have development skills for two wheels. If Ducati found, and that's a big if, the pace of the Yamaha, they still wouldn't do any good, because there's no-one riding the Ducati's that's capable of taking wins, and at the end of the year, that's all that matters.  If Audi hit a brick wall, by mid season, they'll loose interest, it's no more to them than buying a 'take-away' on the way home.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices