Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden confident Ducati can cure understeer issue MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden confident Ducati can cure understeer issue

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden confident Ducati can cure understeer issue

Nicky Hayden remains confident Ducati can solve a persistent understeer issue that has dogged the Desmosedici MotoGP project in recent years. The understeer issue was a constant complaint of Valentino Rossi during his disastrous two-year stint with Ducati, which ended in him walking out to sign a new deal with Yamaha for 2013 and 2014. Hayden believes Ducati made some progress in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 November 2012 12:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell - help please

READ CAREFULLY PLEASE.....1.40.04 ON A RACE TYRE.

1' 40.04"...

What point are you making here - that he set a time on a race tyre faster than his actual fastest lap (...!!!) of 1' 40.185" which was on a Quali tyre? A tyre you flatly refuted he used in your previous post.

Sorry, I'm lost.

In colder conditions, Hayden knocks half a second off his 2012 Jerez qualifying time, half a second away from Lorenzo's pole time and you don't see it as encouraging?  Sorry,  I'm lost again

What would you see as an improvement - breaking the lap record?

Reply to this Topic
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

Wrong end of stick.

Supermario...when I spoke of quitters, I meant Rossi! Hayden has no choice but to work with what he's got. He loves it too. Love Rossi, but he is so typically Italian...goes with who's winning.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Dice350

Unfortunatly he couldn't get a Honda so he had to go back to Yamaha. Yamaha have some work to do because once the new Honda came out the phrase most used to describe Lorenzo was 'finished a distant second'.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

dear me bulto

I thought it was obvious but just for you....

Laverty....1.40.04  on a superbike.

Hayden....1.40.090 on a GP bike.

Not very encouraging really is it but if you want to think it is good progress feel free.
I am sure Hayden will do his best but there is a hell of a way to go at this stage to go believe you me.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

Where are you getting that time from

His time on race tyres was 1' 40.4"  not .04

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LORENZO

already said that yamaha is an easy bike. he moved from aprilian to yamaha and the next 3 years he grabbed WC and done it again last year. AND it's without what so call rossi's development skill.

so don't think rossi is great. he just ordinary rider. BUT HIS DAMN LUCK gave him no competitor, the best bike, tyres, chief engineering, etc. and lorenzo already proved it in 2010. anybody can beat rossi on the same bike.

and lorenzo already said that with rossi coming back, it'll make him more furious to win just like 2010. i already told ya all. lorenzo still choking his FAIR AND SQUARE won over rossi. LOL.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Stitched up..

Most of the top riders were faster in the race @ Jerez than in Qualifying.

Why?..conditions.

How often do we see SBK & GP circulating on the same track at the same time with identical conditions? This is why Wednesday was so illuminating and, the bottom line is that a Kawasaki ZX10 and Aprilia RSV4 lapped faster on race tyres than Ducati's Multi-miliion dollar GP13 prototype.

That's a sad indictment for Ducati and the the MSMA. BSB bikes, without all the whizz bang electronics, are only a few tenths behind the full blown Superbikes.

BSB and WSBK were brilliant last season so..why do we need the MSMA and their massive budgets dominating a snoozefest that is supposed to be the pinnacle of racing?

Why are they running a fuel economy trial and using five engines a year?

Because THEY can and OTHERS can't..which ensures they win. ALL the time.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I'm still waiting for this magical post noBstroKE

that tells us all we need to know about motorcycle roadracing. I'm seeing a lot of crying and a fantasy football score, but nothing of any substance. I bet thats another line you've heard a lot of in your life eh nobstroke, nothing of any substance?

Are you sad because casey gave in and went home?  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

dice350

I read between the lines of your post and realised that you could only possibly mean stoner, as he is the only one to run away with his tail between his legs. Good call, well done.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Blood..

.."t's the best guys on the best bikes" .. I think what you possibly should have said is, it's the best 4 guys in the world, on arguably the best 4 bikes in the world. Remember Laverty has just been signed to this farce..!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices