You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > exup eliminater

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stevebandito

Oct 10

stevebandito says:

exup eliminater

help my exup servo motor as give up and i want to replace it with a exup eliminater but can only find one's for vmax and r1s my bike is a xjr 1300 07 do you think they will do for the xjr or is it a new motor servo.thanks p.s it does't show up as a fult ?:blink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 November 2012 02:45)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

exup

How do you know the servo motor is faulty?

Has the valve and cables been checked/serviced ?

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Yamaha XJR 1300 2007

Hi Stevebandito

Think i need more info,what makes you thing the servo motor is broken?the thing is if is was broken you would get a warning light on and a error code on the trip meter.In most cases its the EX-UP valve that gets stuck(usually closed) and again there is a warning(used to be the rev counter would go to say 2000rpm and drop again,this would indicate there was a problem with the EX-UP system)but i am not sure with your 2007 model?being the first of this model to have a EX-UP.So if something is broken or malfunctioning you will get a warning light and a code.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:    

Reply to this Topic
stevebandito

Oct 10

stevebandito says:

exup

cheers kcmc i got the bike in april it had 1400 miles on it after about 4 weeks the exup started playing up it was opening and closing constantly i sent it back to the shop they had it for 2weeks got it back the shop never said wot the problem was just it was fixed started bike servo set itself all ok never give it a second thought till i came to grees the bike up ready for winter got to the exup turned the ignition on to check it was moving freely nothing happened started bike revved it a couple of times still nothing so took the servo out so i could see it still with ignition on i turned the rota from side to side to see if i could feel resistance but its just dead it has a custom end can on it so i don't really need the exup just an eliminater if i can get one and still no fault showing up on the clocks. thank again:smile

Reply to this Topic
stevebandito

Oct 10

stevebandito says:

exup

when i got the bike it had been in stored for 5 years so its still like new and the exup is free and cables thanks jaffa90

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Yamaha XJR 1300 2007 EX-UP

Hi again Steve

I'm confused:doubt:if the servo isn't working there should be a fault light,and a code to tell you what the problem is.I think its something like this?if the servo can't move the cables and the ex-up valve you should get a red warning light and a code 18,if the servo is disconnected(say after a repair and has been over looked on the reconnect) it would be the same but this time a code 17.Most people would remove the ex-up valve out of the headers and leave the cables and servo in place so as not to upset the CDI,this works perfect,even with a after market end can as the lamber sensor can cope with the slight change in fueling.So unless your shop has fitted something else i don't understand whats going on?could be worth checking with them first,find out if they have done something before going off on a mission.Good Luck

Here's a hand book incase you haven't got one :smile

http://www.yamaha-xjr.cz/download/owners_manual_2010.pdf

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices