Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What is most likely to make you speed less often? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What is most likely to make you speed less often?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What is most likely to make you speed less often?

Recently the Department of Transport are introducing more and more speed awareness courses as an alternative to the traditional points and a fine for drivers caught over the limit. But the effectiveness of the awareness courses over a finanicla penalty has yet to be measured. Maybe you've been on a course already, or have raked up points and or a fine in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 November 2012 09:21)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

depends on what you have to lose

if i lose the licence i lose the job which means we move as i cant afford the mortgage.............now thats one conversation i dont want with the wife..................and i find it a good enough reason not to ring my gixer thou by the neck every time i ride it......................if you wanna go fast then do track days.............much cheaper in the long run and you will be a better rider for it:wink:

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Once again,

Track time teaches you nothing about road riding. It will not make you a safer rider on the road.

Track and road are two totally different environments and riding styles. If rookies want to do track time to learn how to change gear, accelerate and brake properly thats fine, But remember that track conditions are nothing like road conditions.

If I had a pound for everytime an excited rookie told me: "You have got to do track time it will make you a faster rider !" I could afford a full tank of petrol ! The same guys when out on the road you have to stop every ten minutes and wait 5 minutes for them to catch up.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Raising the speed limits just for bikes would mean less speeding convictions.

A better solution all round.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Piglet2010!

You are right, its 130kph on autoroutes which equates to 81mph! I should have remembered, I've been enough times, shame on me!!!

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Hedges

I wonder whether the sad decline of the hedgerow in the countryside has anything to do with this alleged increase in speeding? Modern farming techniques can have far reaching consequences?

Hedges are a very good deterrent.

Many a time I have thought "Jeebus ! I almost hedged it then !!! " and slowed the f*** down rapdily. I can tell you .........

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

More horses out on the road is another idea.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

If central government withdrew funding for essential road maintenance to all local governments, we would see an rise in badly maintained roads which would specifically target bikers who as all policticians know are a dirty, lazy, bunch of speeding thugs !

Reply to this Topic
multimark

Jun 09

multimark says:

speeding

I recently attended a speed awareness course (as a result of car not bike offence) Being advanced standard in car and not on bike (ooops), I think the course was quite good and not as assumed just about speed. It was informative on road use and some technical issues about car and bike which seem to escape 90% of the general public. I am not sure if it will have a greater or lesser an impact on re-offending, some attendants seemed relieved to have escaped points but did seem to get something out of it. If that something is just a slight insight into better observation of the road ahead this should be encouraged with respect to car drivers versus bikes. Regards, Mark

Reply to this Topic
JUtona675

Oct 12

JUtona675 says:

The evolution of Transporter Beams….

Reply to this Topic
PanigaleManEthan

Nov 12

For me....

...the sight of beautiful scantily clad women sunbathing or passing by...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices