Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What is most likely to make you speed less often? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What is most likely to make you speed less often?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What is most likely to make you speed less often?

Recently the Department of Transport are introducing more and more speed awareness courses as an alternative to the traditional points and a fine for drivers caught over the limit. But the effectiveness of the awareness courses over a finanicla penalty has yet to be measured. Maybe you've been on a course already, or have raked up points and or a fine in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 November 2012 09:21)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Disconnect the breaks

go on...how fast do you dare go now?

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Falling off

Falling off my bike and f*cking my body has resulted in a drop in my speed.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

ANichol!

I think you meant brakes!

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

hbusa

i think your comments on track riding doesn't make you a better and more confident rider shows you up to be a bit of a know all and dare i say it..... arse ..............just so you know who your talking to, i ride for a living, ive done the IAM training and passed with flying colours...........average 20 k per year on the work horse and have as much time on the gixer that i can..................my point was track days dont get you done for speeding and keep your licence in tact with the added advantage you really can learn what your bike can do..............or are you convinced that you can learn it all on the road.............which all serious training organisations agree you cant:wink:   

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

none of the above

Coppers everywhere

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I Love....

"all serious training organisations" They are the best, What the FCUK do the rest of us Know EH?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I think learning to ride your bike on a track is a great idea as it removes all the open road worries that you would normally have i.e. diesel, cow shit, unpredictable pushbike riders, lorries etc etc. The really clever bit is knowing where to apply that confidence and new-found ability on public roads afterwards. You don't want to be off down the road feeling great and grinding your footrest on the first bend you see only to find you are hurtling towards farmer palmers pile of manure he has generously deposited right across the road.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

@ snev

To measure 6’4” in height, I would have to have both my Alpinestars Scout WP boots and Bell Revolver Evo lid on.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Been ripping the.........

...............roads up for over 40 years. Never been caught speeding yet because I do it where I'm very unlikely to get caught.  I still like going fast where only I'm at risk. Go down a road at normal speed, no coppers about, turn round and go back at 150. BRILLIANT. 

Any coppers here?

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Piroflip!

Way to go mate! Theres a time and a place for everything. Theres lots of roads to go mental on but if you speed around town, you deserve all you get.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices