You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Damage caused on company parking

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

Damage caused on company parking

Just a quick question, during the bad winds on last thursday my bike was parked at the back of my place of work but at the corner of the building, i think what happened was that the very high winds funnelled down the side of the building along the roadway and parking spaces, but couldn't go where the building was and couldn't go the other side due to hedges etc, so my bike was under so much force it was blown over.

Security called me to say my bike was down, initially i thought it was hit by the mini(car) but it fell towards the mini not away and damage is consistant with a drop but due to R&G crash protection, its all cosmetic, however as a fully faired bike, damage goes to £910 to replace it all, thats including shipping ec, ive already replaced the clutch lever, i did buy rear indicators too but they were wrong so i gotta sell those and cant return them as i had to open it to see they were wrong, long story for that though, the question is really

I've already told the guy in charge of facilities(its a nationwide company) that the bike parking spaces are crap, there will be a post on here actually but nobody could advise me in my complaint, well now with £910 worth of damage caused due to where my bike was(not sheltered from this wind in any way) can I sue this company for bad placement of the parking spaces...its not for bikes in any way its literally the last corner they couldnt fit a car in as a hedge cuts into it.

It'd be a massive help if anyone can let me know, im a perfectionist with my bike all this damage is a living nightmare, right on my birthday, had to miss motorcycle live which is currently on as well, and now all my money(and hundreds more i dont even have yet) has to go into bloody repairs...

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 November 2012 15:27)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices