Skip to content

Ask an Expert mod 1 pass but mod 2 fail Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > mod 1 pass but mod 2 fail

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

mod 1 pass but mod 2 fail

hi everyone, well i failed my mod 2 not badly just one thing rest of the ride was good but hey ho, anyway it got me thinking that i dont really want a big naked sportsbike i only want a mid sized trail bike like a drz 400 or similar so i was wondering if its possible to take my mod 2 on a 125 and go on a restricted for 2 years as tbh 33bhp wont bother me to be honest as most of the riding i will do will be on lanes etc, also have i lucked out regarding the new law in jan as im completely confused as to what i can ride etc, i am 45 aswell i might add.thanks simon. ps. i did my mod 1 on a full power 600 .

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 November 2012 16:42)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I believe you need

to do both parts of the test on the same category bike, not mix and match, so you'll need to do mod 1 again on the 125 if passd the first one on a 35kW + bike.

Might to wrong mind :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

dam

oh really, doesnt make sense really as a 600 is harder to control and less nimble at low speed , the law is definately an ass. lol

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

On second thoughts

just redo your mod 1 again, saves fcuking about with restrictions,you can ride abroad?, demo bikes from dealers, the worlds your oyster (or at least the roads),

P.S riding a 125 is harder than riding a bigger biker under mod 2 test condition imho.

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

maybe

i think il just do my mod 2 again in april when its warmer .i have nearly 2 years to do it.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i did the 33bhp test 5years ago and with my 900cc bike clamped to 33bhp i went to france as soon as i got my paper work from the dvla and the bike was happy to sit at 80mph.

just do the mod 2 on a 125cc bike as its easyer to ride one for the test then get a drz400 as it my only have low bhp or can be clamped.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices