Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

As has been widely rumoured, Michael Laverty has been named on the provisional MotoGP entry list for 2013 in Paul Bird’s British-based squad. Laverty is entered on a PBM machine, which is expected to use an Aprilia motor housed in a chassis designed and built in the UK by GPMS. As was first reported by MCN in mid-October, Bird’s entry on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 November 2012 22:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Lot of very average names there....aside from a few, hardly the cream of the best 2 wheeled racers in the world that motoGP should be.

CRT rides still viewed as the poisoned challis, it has to become a stepping stone to a factory machine if it wants to attract young decent riders....

And why on earth would paul Bird ever consider diluting his budget by fielding TWO slow bikes with second rate riders, as opposed to to concentating on getting one rider up to pace with the whole budget.

Reply to this Topic
luke 7R

Jan 08

luke 7R says:

99?

Oh yes Lorenzo’s traditional 99 that he’s only used for 3 years.

Reply to this Topic
mrdata

Aug 02

mrdata says:

PBR

I believe PBR is fielding 2 riders because Dorna are subsidising them to pad the grid. Thats the main purpose of CRT after all.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Yes....I'm fully aware that the CRT's are a measure to "pad" the grid...But much more emphasis should be placed on the quality of the rider/bike combination.  Make them more competitive NOT by penalising the prototypes but encouraging a better quality of rider. Most of thr CRT guys wouldn't be competitive in WSB od Moto2......More quality over quantity..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

With respect..

Laverty is not a step up. Is he bringing MONEY?

Keeping Jarmez Ellison would have been a better bet.

Gino Rea has been dumped by Gresini..give him a shot.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi..

I couldn't agree with you more. Nothing against Laverty at all - it just rankles a bit that this is supposedly the pinnacle of motorcycle racing, and yet here we have a rider who's not even proven at domestic level. Does it show Paul Bird's lack of imagination, commitment to the championship or is it purely a funding issue? Either way, it stinks...

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Hummmm

This isnt a smart move by PBM... Im sure M Laverty is a nice guy and can threaten for race wins in the BSB class where he has much experience.  But if Birds excuse to threaten James Ellison with the boot was that he wasnt doing as well as he wanted, then just how long will it be before he gets fed up with Laverty running around last ?! So tell me Birdy, when there are young talented riders with no rides, and BSB champions saying they are having a year off because they cant get a ride at world level, why did you think it would be a smart move to take one of the older riders off the BSB grid who have never won championships even domestically, and only then during the latter part of their career, and give them one of the most plum rides in the business??  It hardly lends to the credibility of Moto  GP supposedly being the place for the best riders in the world on the best machines.... CRT is the laughing stock at the moment as its becomming washed up riders on tuned streetbikes that are actually slower than machines in WSBK !!!  There surely must be riders who are better for position, Hill ? Lowes (either one), Ellison, Camier, probably the best shout so far if for Gino Rea !  Maybe Birdys smartest move would be to instead hire a decent team manager (Colin Wright,,,,,) Somebody that could come and do the running of the squad and stop him making the same old mistakes when he gets his knickers in a twist about how hard real paddock life is...

Reply to this Topic
ripper50

Sep 12

ripper50 says:

Lol

This is a fucken joke - right ???

Reply to this Topic
twostrokes

Nov 12

twostrokes says:

PBM first year in MotoGP,new to the bike,no data and James had to learn some of the circuits I think he(James) did a very good job.Michael Laverty has to learn the bike(will PB give him  proper pre season testing??)and has to learn pretty much all the circuits a no,no win situation for me,Alex Lowes was reguarly beating up Michael later on in BSB season on equal machinery.I would have gone for Gino Rea too,he's fast,young and has 1 years experience racing on these circuits..Interestingly Yonny is down as riding an ART so Michael will get the UK framed bike which will have Zero data until it spins a wheel,a poisoned challis indeed.

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

Two strokes, I agree. It will be a poisoned chalice and given the way PBM treated Ellison who did a fairly good job with what he had with no real pre season testing - well it is no surprise. Who that is half decent with a competitive bike would give it up to go to something that has a big question mark over it and to top it off has a bi polar nuff nuff funding it, in fact I am surprised Hernandez signed up.  Laverty was probably the only one or one of only a few that would take the ride... let's be honest the best second tier riders or best up and comers, if there is such a classification are not running around in CRT, they are in WSBK or Moto2 and probably not going to consider a move to CRT.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices