Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

As has been widely rumoured, Michael Laverty has been named on the provisional MotoGP entry list for 2013 in Paul Bird’s British-based squad. Laverty is entered on a PBM machine, which is expected to use an Aprilia motor housed in a chassis designed and built in the UK by GPMS. As was first reported by MCN in mid-October, Bird’s entry on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 November 2012 22:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The hypethetical answer to the Laverty question is  -  No  he wouldn't even match Rea's performance. What would be interesting tho' would be to stage a race with bikes from CRT,  BSB and WSB and see what the performance differences would be.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I agree about Laverty..

..he's a likeable guy and if given the chance why should he deny himself the opportunity to fulfil his dreams? Despite some people getting their knickers in a twist, I never once questioned his motives or made any unreasonable statements about him. Good luck to the lad. I did suggest that Paul Bird could have extended his search for a better prospect that wasn't solely based on his desire to have a UK passport rider - I'm still of the opinion Moto GP should be the domain of the best riders in the world. Unrealistic I know, but I'm happy to hang onto that..! Your fantasy race sounds interesting, it'd be a close one to call...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Birdy has got Yonny Hernandez as number 1 so should see if the bike has any potential against the other CRT's there at least willl be a benchmark from Yonny's performance this season.

Checking out now  see you anon!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Apologies Saturn..

..for my earlier comment to you. You're a reasonable voice amongst many that are unreasonable..

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

You've got to ask whether the foot-in-the-door is worth the hiding-to-nowhere.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Ah bless, are we talking again? - I knew you'd come round..

..Why in that case is he compromising his position by running 2 bikes, both completely different with a rookie rider who will spend the year having to learn the tracks? Would he have not been best served to stick with at least one constant, so when the time comes the data will be of some use to him and his team? - it makes little sense and shows little vision....Can you explain this, I don't follow you: "To take on another non-British rider now would make a complete nonsense of his entire plan and would destroy both his and his nation's dreams - is that what you'd like to see happen? Would that make you happy?"

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rev.

Very comprehensive overview of the situation, appreciate the time given. What I'm still unclear on, is why are they still persevering with the ART bike when as you've pointed out, their future ambition is to run a British team with British made chassis? What are they expecting of Hernandez?..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Rev.

Thanks for taking the time to shed a bit more light on the subject, it's an interesting situation and illustrates the problems faced by these teams. I apologised last night to Saturn for certain comments that were made in the heat of the moment - I want to extend that apology to you too. I appreciate sometimes things get a little out of control and things get said that aren't constructive or even relevant to the subject at hand.

Reply to this Topic
500rstroker

Feb 12

500rstroker says:

Moto gp 2013

Looking at next years riders / team list shows how weak the top class is at the. Moment. Would it be more interesting and competeitive if we ditched crt and had manufacturers supplying a prototype engine package to be used in a customer chassis? Then introduce a minimum weight limit for the class to give a more even playing field . Just an idea cause at the moment 2013 realistically there are only 2 riders capable of winning the title

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

RevB

I'm very very impressed - are you by any chance and employee of IRTA.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle