Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

As has been widely rumoured, Michael Laverty has been named on the provisional MotoGP entry list for 2013 in Paul Bird’s British-based squad. Laverty is entered on a PBM machine, which is expected to use an Aprilia motor housed in a chassis designed and built in the UK by GPMS. As was first reported by MCN in mid-October, Bird’s entry on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 November 2012 22:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

pinnacle my ass!

world supers will show this class up next year as done this year, 2 more years like tghis and gp's will be in serious trouble, less crowds, less money, no wonder stoner bolted!!!!

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

micheal who? oh yeah think i remember him was back in august at 3am gmt for or yearly 10minuetes of bsb highlights riding round in six place or something supose he is the only one deperate enough to take the ride looks like its gonna be a disator in waiting would love to of see chaz davies or redding on a competitive machine in gps cos smith just dont desevere it moan over lol 

Reply to this Topic
dragonder

Apr 03

dragonder says:

Notafanofmotogpanymore

Interest in MotoGP is rapidly dropping off & the only thing I see changing that next year is us all wanting to see if Rossi can be competitive again. The racing will still be boring with 3-4 guys out front every race, followed by the prototype also-rans followed by CRT. WSB is a much better series with more riders in the fight for the podium. BSB is better again & to me the best series of all. Do I think Michael Laverty is good enough for MotoGP?....... NO! But with CRT being such a piss poor side show, do I care?..... No!

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

cant see him doing any better than james

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Potatooo !

Lavatory will have had his chips as far as being a front runner ,Joining this circus side show will only give him more experience in travelling,Its not his fault, but what a joke drafting in these snails just to create the illusion of a full grid ,its no different to silicone tits they look ok but just don't feel right and are a waste of money.You could put Lorenzo on this bag of bolts and it wouldn't be much quicker so whats the point ? pbm kerching ?

Reply to this Topic
doctorfrank

Dec 08

doctorfrank says:

Ditto

Got to agree with most nearly all of the views here.I kinda respect birdy cos he does put a lot of time, money and effort into his racing but me thinks his decision to field 2 riders is borne more out of dorna wanting to pack the field out rather than birdy having a better chance of getting in the points.This series reminds me of F1 and the 500's a good few years ago where realistically only about a 3 or 4 riders/drivers had a chance of winning.It will get worse before it gets better.....lets hope silverstone can ride the low crowds during the downturn cos spectators will not bother going especially when vale retires,love him or loathe him he does bring in the spectators so dorna needs to sparkle things up before then.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

The racing will still be boring with 3-4 guys out front every race

When was the top class any different? Motogp is about, has always been about, building the best bike and winning by as big a margin as possible, not close racing.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

redracer46 - Michael Laverty has won a championship at domestic level - he was the British Supersport Champion in 2007. I personally think he is as good a rider as that ride can expect. The PBM ART bike last year didn't appear to up to much and this second tier bike is bound to be off the pace of even the CRT's for most of the season - independent of rider ability. Whether or not last years PBM's results were Ellison's fault or not I don't know but I wasn't impressed by the threats by Paul Bird from early on and then throughout the season - in my opinion there are better ways to encourage a rider to perform. I think Ellison is better off out of there. At least with Laverty (who in my mind is of similar quality to Ellison) there is an opportunity for a fresh start. For all those saying PB should have given it to an up and comer - I entirely disagree - as many have said already, this ride is highly likely to be a poison chalice and would most likely be career suicide for someone trying to prove themselves. I actually quite like Laverty's style on a bike, smooth and neat with high corner speeds - but I admit he lacks the pure aggression needed to win the BSB Championship. He may actually prove to be a decent choice if you consider it from the perspective of developing the PBM bike this season - someone who has good experience, fairly fast and likely to bring it home in one piece.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I agree also. MotoGP is at a cross-roads. Any aspiring rider going into a CRT team is on a hiding to nowhere.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Michael Laverty is an ok rider

So was James Ellison and that's the problem. I don't know if Paul Bird has noticed but GP's have been a young fast Spanish/Italian lads game for a while now. Bringing in experienced older heads is ok to a point but a GP bike nowadays needs someone young and fast on it, ideally someone who is already in the paddock and who isn't saddled with having to learn the tracks as he goes. Gino Rea would have been ideal, ok he hasn't set Moto2 on fire but he's young and fast. Ditto Scott Redding. These lads know the set up, Redding in particular, and could just get on with the job of going as fast as possible. I reckon a trick has been missed by PBM for '13. His best bet will be to chalk off '13 as a wasted non development year and then lease an M1 engine package for 2014, ask Harris to weld some metal around it and give it to Scott Redding/Gino Rea/Cal?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices