Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

As has been widely rumoured, Michael Laverty has been named on the provisional MotoGP entry list for 2013 in Paul Bird’s British-based squad. Laverty is entered on a PBM machine, which is expected to use an Aprilia motor housed in a chassis designed and built in the UK by GPMS. As was first reported by MCN in mid-October, Bird’s entry on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 November 2012 22:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Wosi's ok. I rarely agree with him but i do when he makes sense ;). Looking forward to next seasons excuses!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Great stuff..

Thanks for voting for me Bennyhedgehog, I'm ever so grateful..shame you haven't a multitude of schizo alter ego's registered over at Mr. Emmett's site because I'd probably have a world record on my hands.

There again, he's a bit more discerning about his registration process, so it counts that idea out.

Where have all your make believe friends gone btw?

Last week during that enforced sabbatical, you know..when they came for you in the little white van to run those tests, this place actually started to resemble the proper old MCN racing forum. Didn't you notice the upsurge in comments from both new and old faces alike?

What's that you say, you didn't?..No computers in the padded cells?

Listen chum..I've decided to help.

Take a look at the link below, go on..don't be frightened, it's a good place to begin getting your heads around the problem.

There's a bit right near the start where it says "..most experts believe the condition is caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors."

Which in my humble opinion means, if you go cold turkey on the sheep-shagging and move out of tumbleweed central..there may be hope for you yet.

Just don't everybody hold their breath..Christ knows this place can't afford to lose anymore proper race fans.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Schizophrenia/Pages/Introduction.aspx

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Bottom line is..

..there'll be a few twitchy rings in the Republic of Italy waiting for the season to get started. There are some big reputations at stake, both on and off the track and it'll be fascinating to see how it all plays out.. Whatever happens, there's gonna be some monumental oeuf sur voter visage for some people...!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Dovi..the bottler?

Andrea Dovizioso‏@AndreaDovizioso - 30 Nov.

I am really sorry i didn' test at jerez. Now i want to understand the problem at my neck and solve it..

Then this just two days later, after ripping round a go-cart track and winning the Sic supermoto event..

Q: Are you very upset about missing the test?

A: "In the end, not too much.  Sure, I would have liked to gain more confidence on the Desmosedici.  Even if the temperatures were cold, it would have been three good hours of riding each day, which I could have used, but more for my confidence than for development.  There will be many changes to the team next year, and things will be different, so in the end the test wasn't too important."

Why didn't he make more of an effort to ride the GP bike he gets paid to on Wed/Thurs/Fri, especially considering they had dry track unlike Valencia, if he was fit enough to jump on a bike and race Saturday & Sunday?

I don't know the answer but it is a legitimate question considering he also said this on Friday, after the test..

"It seems that the problem is probably bigger than we had previously thought, and I'll have to undergo some further medical tests."

..then went racing for fun.

It smacks of pulling a sickie and I'm sure his new bosses will be seeking explanation..I know I would.

My theory is that after his first ride, and like Rossi who knew he was in deep cack after just a few laps aboard the GP10 at the Valenvcia test two years ago, Dovizioso knew he was fked too.

He didn't want to go into the winter break having been seriously outpaced by his #2 at Jerez. It would have played on his mind and made for a shite Xmas.

So..he bottled it in the hope Ducati's engineers bring something better and more familiar for him to test at Sepang.. based on Haydens feedback.

Pinched nerve?..more like, clear head space and a lack of testiclar fortitude.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Despite my forgiving nature..

..it's very difficult to see it any other way.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

From crash.net

This is the sort of article MCN cannot seem to muster.

The site is like a ghost town because the lazy bastard journalist haven't got the inclination or imagination..and of course, fckos like Benny frequent.

Plenty going on if you look, just not here.

Shite.

Sort the fker out.

The first person to beat in motorsport is your team-mate and the following list shows how many times the 2012 MotoGP line-up finished ahead of their pit colleague.

Only teams with two riders on the same MotoGP or CRT machinery are included and only qualifying/races that both riders participated in were counted.

If a rider failed to finish a race, then his team-mate was credited as having done better in that event. If both failed to finish, they both received a score of 0 for that race. The difference between the team-mates is shown in brackets.

So 'Races: Pedrosa 8 - Stoner 7 (1)' means Pedrosa finished higher than Stoner in eight of the races they both took part in, with Stoner higher than Pedrosa seven times. With a difference of just one, their performances were thus closely matched.

A list showing the top rider for each brand, at each race, is at the base of the page...

MotoGP 2012: Team-mate vs. Team-mate
MotoGP class
Repsol Honda:
Races: Pedrosa 8 - Stoner 7 (1)
Qualifying: Stoner 8 - Pedrosa 7 (1)

Ducati Team:
Races: Rossi 10 - Hayden 6 (4)
Qualifying: Hayden 11 - Rossi 6 (5)

Monster Yamaha Tech 3:
Races: Dovizioso 13 - Crutchlow 5 (8)
Qualifying: Crutchlow 14 - Dovizioso 3 (11)

Factory Yamaha:
Races: Lorenzo 15 - Spies 1 (14)
Qualifying: Lorenzo 14 - Spies 2 (12)

CRT class
Power Electronics Aspar:
Races: Espargaro 12 - de Puniet 6 (6)
Qualifying: de Puniet 10 - Espargaro 8 (2)

Avintia Blusens:
Races: Hernandez 8 - Silva 3 (5)
Qualifying: Hernandez 13 - Silva 0 (13)

MotoGP 2012: Top rider by brand at each race:
Manufacturer entries only.

Honda:
Dani Pedrosa: 10 races
Casey Stoner: 7
Alvaro Bautista: 1

Yamaha:
Jorge Lorenzo: 16 races
Andrea Dovizioso: 1
Katsuyuki Nakasuga: 1

Ducati:
Valentino Rossi: 11 races
Nicky Hayden: 6
Karel Abraham: 1

For all the Stoner fans whose boy got beat by a team mate who has a big fat zero titles in the class..even without smacking himself up and three races off.

Hahaha..a true legend.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, you do realise Stoner beat Rossi last year?...

..Hahahaha...a true legend!..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Beaten by semen Pedrosa..

Stoner is labelled the dominant rider of the 5 year 800 era by his orange disciples, is he not CHR?

Rossi beat him 3 times out of 5. Jorge and Dani beat him twice each..hardly wrenching their pants down, bending them over and thrashing them with a whip is it? More a gentle buttock snuggle quickly followed by premature ejaculation into his alpinestars.

Casey WAS fast, but too prone to fk ups when put under pressure..or in other words, a bit flakey.

How else do you explain him getting beaten by most people's 4th best rider on the same bike?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Since 2007..

..in the 800cc era, Stoner won 32 races, in the same period Rossi won 21. Whatever way you look at it, that's 11 more!!...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Which kinda proves a point don't it?

Flaky Pastry Stoner should have won more titles. He couldn't convert those extra 12 race wins into anything meaningful.

He didn't win any more titles than Rossi and, as seasons go..he lost more than he won against the great man.

Bit of an under achiever I'd say..considering the hype.

Anyway..stop avoiding the question. Your synopsis on his defeat at the hands of his team mate this year please?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices