Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

As has been widely rumoured, Michael Laverty has been named on the provisional MotoGP entry list for 2013 in Paul Bird’s British-based squad. Laverty is entered on a PBM machine, which is expected to use an Aprilia motor housed in a chassis designed and built in the UK by GPMS. As was first reported by MCN in mid-October, Bird’s entry on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 November 2012 22:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

The truth is..

..Pedrosa was on fire the second part of the season. Stoner had his accident and that was pretty much game over. If you're expecting me to say he bottled it, you'll be waiting a long time my friend! We are talking fractions of a second that separate these guys, the top boys are tough to beat, what do you expect..?

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Interesting

that Rossi was consistantly out qualified by Hayden, even in races Hayden managed to best Rossi 6 times, without his injury and his last lap incident with Bradl when chasing a podium he could even have matched the Doctor. Hayden is a top rider of course but I really did expect more from Rossi, my last memory of him is having his arse handed to him by James Ellison (who isnt good enough for GP apparently)

I like Rossi and really want him to do well next season but the signs are ominous, has he had his time?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hayden crashed all by himself, same as Stoner. It was an unforced error in tennis parlance.

Therefore Rossi should really be credited and have a margin of six in races, same as Dani should have a margin of four.

Interesting that 2010 the Stoner/Hayden race margin was also four. Stoner wasn't any more dominant over Hayden than Rossi riding the Ducati. His points gap over Hayden was only 21 pts better that year than Rossi this..and that was after 4 years on the bike. Twice the experience of Hayden.

The opposite is true this year. Hayden's had 4 years on the bike..Rossi two.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Two Words...

...James Ellison...Hahahaha...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Three words..

Scraping the barrel..

Dovizioso update..

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/22095/andrea-dovizioso-has-no-serious-serious-neck-issues

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Buddha said

''Silence holds the door against the strife of tongue and all the impertinences of idle conversation.''

Quiet on 'ere innit ?

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

More useless stats Wosi...

..."Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments'.

To say that Stoner was no more dominant than Rossi over Hayden is (in your hand picked year of 2010) is ridiculous, to anybody that actually WATCHED the two race it would have been obvious that Stoner was light years ahead of Hayden in Speed and ability. Also, as its a brand new machine with totally different characacteristcs, Hayden and Rossi have ths SAME experience on the current Ducati....

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yeah Mark, light years..until he fell off the fkin bike.

I suppose he was light years faster than Dani until Germany, when the win or bin it mentality surfaced again?..then Mugello, then the pressure of being behind, then Indy?

These aren't hand picked stats mate, it's what happened..and it ain't the first time either.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Dani?...

...why bring him into this?...we talking Stoner/Rossi comparisons with Hayden aren't we?

Win or bin?....maybe...but I'd rather watch a grid full of there guys than a load of guys happy to coast  around in 5th of 6th.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

If Rossi was happy to coast round, why has he gone back to Yamaha for a pittance compared to what Ducati would have paid him to stay?

He's gone back as team mate and #2 to the world champ because he loves the sport and wants to try and win again sunshine. He's not hiding or running away from anyone.

When is it going to dawn on you that Casey Stoner wasn't the perfect racer you seem to think he was?

He had an excuse when he rode for Ducati but he was red hot favourite this year and came up short getting beat by his team mate in the process. Hard to bear I know.

At Ducati he sometimes worked miracles but crashed a lot because the bike ehibited exactly the same characteristics then as it still does to this day, despite a new frame and rolled back motor.

The bike is a dog..Preziosi has been sacked..and living in the past thinking Stoner would have been a contender on a Ducati had he stayed is delusional.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices