Skip to content

Discuss This Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michael Laverty to MotoGP in 2013

As has been widely rumoured, Michael Laverty has been named on the provisional MotoGP entry list for 2013 in Paul Bird’s British-based squad. Laverty is entered on a PBM machine, which is expected to use an Aprilia motor housed in a chassis designed and built in the UK by GPMS. As was first reported by MCN in mid-October, Bird’s entry on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 November 2012 22:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Stoner the perfect racer?

...you twist and turn and get further and further from your original arguement....which is by design as it was piss poor anyway....a true master of the art.

You put words into peoples mouths to confuse the issues, and dilute the "debate" further.

I'm a open Stoner fan, but have never regarded him as the perfect racer....but over the last few years has been the most exciting, raw racer bar none....win OR bin. And dog or not...the bike was still winning races.....but then end of season wins don"t count, do they Wosi.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Stoner

An unbelievebly fast rider no doubt, spectacular to watch but im not sure he was the best under pressure, A win is a win but Stoner did get quite a few when the pressure was off. 2008 it has to be said he lost it metally, whether Rossi's riding at Laguna was fair or not there seems no doubt it got to Stoner. To me Stoner seemed like a rider who if he had the perfect bike he could beat anybody on equal machinery, but if he didnt have the perfect bike found it difficult to get consistent results.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

"He's not hiding or running away from anyone."

Err, except Ducati of course...!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Mr Krabs..

" To me Stoner seemed like a rider who if he had the perfect bike he could beat anybody on equal machinery, but if he didnt have the perfect bike found it difficult to get consistent results." Surely you're referring to Rossi, the last 2 years have shown us that?..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The shame..

"To me Stoner seemed like a rider who if he had the perfect bike he could beat anybody on equal machinery.."

Not quite..Pugwash Pedrosa trounced him everywhere you look.

78 pts higher in the final standings.

7 wins vs 4..

8 other podium vs 5..

9 fastest laps vs 2..

That's a serious kicking by your team mate in any language and has unfortunately put a massive question mark over Stoners capability in the eyes of many.

What a sad way to go out..especially as the man handing out the beating hasn't won a title in seven years of trying. All as a factory rider for Honda, the most powerful manufacturer in the known universe..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Silly stats game II....

150 pts higher in the final standings.

9 wins vs 2.

16 other podiums vs 10.

4 fastest laps vs 2.

Plus 7 poles vs 1...

......this is also a serious kicking by your team mate....only this was 2010.....and the kicking was dished out by Lorenzo on his 'team mate' Rossi....

I repeat again to you Wosi.....

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments".....

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

...the bike was still winning races...

The whole myth is built around those three wins at the end of 2010.

Nevermind the crashes, the lack of pressure, the backward facing results, the Japanese improvements, the fact that Stoner got beat by Pedrosa, that he was incapable of cementing a legacy and confirming his legend..the bike was still a winner.

It's all you've got left Buddy..I can feel the pain. Christ..you and a few others will be rooting so hard for Lorenzo and the Ducati riders next year it'll hurt.

Expect carnage around here if you're proved wrong again..and washed up lucky old Rossi makes you eat your bitter words.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Myth?

"A person or thing having only an imaginary or unverifiable existence"

Could have sworn that "those three wins" were actually a FACT.....not a MYTH.......

....but then again, when it comes to dodgy facts, who am I to question your vastly superior experience.....

...and reading back, it doesn't seem I'm the bitter one;-)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Your'e a blinkered prick. Give it up ffs. Your man has had his arse whooped for a good long while now, deal with it bud. Re-Casey.............................if you can't appreciate the talent then what's the fucking point in watching!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Less of the blinkered please PC..

..you'll hurt my feelings.

Listen Pal..you will definitely be at the front of the queue to receive atonement if Valentino Rossi is competitive next year..and Nicky Hayden is top Ducati.

Fk me brother, as self appointed high preist of the cross dressing orange thong sect, who now have their dodgy underwear at half mast and tangled up in matching stiletto's, perhaps you can explain Stoners performance this year on the best bike?

How come he jumped on the Honda last year and blitzed everthing in sight, but failed to back it up this and retired with barely more than a whimper? How come Pedrosa spanked his sorry arse?

Give it up?..Hahaha. Said like a true Casey Stoner fan..you just forgot the 'and go home' bit.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle