Skip to content

Ask an Expert PASSED MOD 1!! Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > PASSED MOD 1!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

joshsilverman

Sep 12

PASSED MOD 1!!

Just wanted a thread to express my excitement

Passed my Mod 1 yesterday.However I did get 3 minors. I stalled the bike after the controlled stop (false neutral anyone?) and I missed the speed on both swerve and emergency stop by 1kph!!!! - bit harsh I think.

Was bricking it on the U-turn but when the examiner asked what I would like to be called I told him to call me mandy (I find a joke helps leviate the nerves) - so all day I was being called mandy when my name is Josh. Apaz the examiner is a real stiff, fair but never smiles. When I came in I got a round of applause by the other examiners has he smiled every time he called me Mandy. It actually really calmed my nerves but if the examiner thought I was being an ass I guess it could of backfired, hey ho.

Anyway Mod 2 in 2 weeks - got 3 hours lesson in the area 4 days before. I think I will as him to call me crumpet on the next test.....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 November 2012 07:08)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

well done mandy

and good luck with your mod 2.............hope you pass with flying colours:wink:

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i never had to do a mod 1 test as i just did a old school test and found the road part was fun and easy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
nickhondamog

Feb 13

nickhondamog says:

mod 1

:biggrin:

Passed my Mod 1 two days ago and can only say to any who are going through the jitters I went through, its really not that bad.

I had one attempt in hindsight with no preperation straight after the new rule came in on a much heavier 600, I wasn't confident and not used to bike so blew it on slow control.

I had never ever fluffed that before in my life, I was so gutted I booked another test within two days but this time I got proper instruction on how to pass the test and good advice in every part of test.

I really helped and used the advice given and I got through, I cannot say just how nervous I was just because I wanted it out the way so much to move to a bigger bike.

I am no expert but try to stay calm listen to examiner, deep breathe if ya falpping take it one bit at a time, I was lucky to have a perfect day and sunshine but was the last to go out of three so more brooding time.

I you get a good instructor who can have some banter with you while you learn and take the edge off, it really helps.

My nerves hit more after and rode back like a pile of carp lol, it was just nerves and releif of passing.

Will be booking mod 2 soon I commute everday on 125 so hope this helps I am nervous but its me and tests lol.

anyhow all out there worrying try not to as it really not the monster a lot say it is.. good luck all

P.s any mod 2 tips am all ears.:huh:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

congrats on mod 1 nhm

Mod 2 tips, hmm lets think....

ride positively and for yourself, watch the speed limit, remember life savers/safety checks and cancel that indicator.

Good luck, with your experience I'm  sure you'll be fine,relax and enjoy it, you're just riding a bike after all :) 

Unit

Reply to this Topic
roadglue

Nov 12

roadglue says:

Good luck

I was absolutley bricking it on my mod 1.I think a big reason was i had never seen the course before and was trying to get through the tests only having a 2 hour road lesson.

I was going round the cones so slowly i was sure i'd topple over.Felt really anxious for some reason.I realised that although it was easy and i could do it all day long with no pressure, my nerves could fail me.

I couldn't hit the speed on the swerve and i caned it.Must just have been my slow bike:)

Mod2 i set off and felt a pang of nerves at the first corner but then after that i got quite confident.Was easier than mod 1 imo.

Tips for mod 2.. tell yourself to switch indicators off all the time, ride confidently like you do when your on your own.Don't over do life safers but do observations naturally when there is a need to do them.

Treat the exmainers voice like a sat nav  (nicked that from someone but it does work) Don't worry if you go wrong.Infact i did go wrong but then we ended up coming back an easier route :).Still passed.

Good luck.

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Hey Mandy

Well done fella, best of luck with Mod2 :smile

Happy Riding  

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11