Skip to content

General Tips for winter riding? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Tips for winter riding?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

YorkshireSheep

Nov 12

Tips for winter riding?

Hi, I've been riding since the summer, recently took my test so now restricted to 33bhp (did the test on my 125 Varadero) 

Basically, planning on continuing to use the bike as my main mode of transport come rain or shine, I've got waterproofs, I've got base layers from doing various sports but would welcome any further advice on riding through winter. 

Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 November 2012 14:01)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

And another thing...

If you do have a "moment"on black ice like i did this morning, recover from it quickly.Get back into relaxed riding mode asap,because going all tense will affect your riding...... :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

All-Winter riding

Yeah, when it's really frosty and nothing but a solid sheet of ice over the road, that's when I get up extra early, and tip a few buckets of icy water over myself in the shower to get myself ready.  Anything less is just wussy.

Sorry, I was thinking (or at least writing!) like an all-year rounder BB, who for some reason can't get over themselves - ruins the "quiet respect" one might otherwise have. :wink:

Preunit:  You too eh?   I don't know if it was stupidity, or just not knowing any better.   At least a CD175 had a fair chance of making the trip, unlike an LC with an edgy tuning, needing to be rebuilt from a blow-up every few thousand miles.

All the same, that was a fine bike... must have been damned good, actually, because I picked up a lot more girls on that RD250LC than I have on my FJR1300 :lol:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Bad weather riding

water

snow

Reply to this Topic
NotAnotherHill

Jun 11

It was a ....

7 layer day today for me. The world would have to freeze over before I got cold. Plus heated grips, muffs and heated insoles. It's once I get off that I realise how cold it actually is.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

SL

"or just not knowing any better"

was there better?, think i was mostly wearing cowboy boots :shock: don't ask, twas a long time ago :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
YorkshireSheep

Nov 12

shopping trip

Right, 

I'll be acquiring some long football / wellington socks to get rid of the chill I get around my mid calf

was thinking of heated gloves (don't see the point of warming the outside of my winter gloves) but it's only wind chill that I'm feeling so muffs might be the way to go. ( bit concerned about letting go in a hurry if I need to but hey) 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices