Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Three new Triumphs spied! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Exclusive: Three new Triumphs spied!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Exclusive: Three new Triumphs spied!

These exclusive spy shots show not one, but three new Triumphs currently being developed on the road - including an all-new Bonneville-based café racer, a road-ready 2013 Tiger update - dubbed the Tiger Sport 1050 - and a new addition to the Thunderbird cruiser range. The spied café racer is a Bonneville-based test mule, clearly sporting the latest spec suspension and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 November 2012 15:24)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

"jumps to cash in" ??

"jumps to cash in".... eh?

Ever noticed the styling on an orriginal 900 Speed Triple? unmistakebly and unashamedly Cafe Racer.

So who else was making Cafe Racers in the early 90s then? a few people for sure, but not on the scale Hinkley did...Oh, and there's the Thruxton too!

So I don't think Triumph are 'jumping to cash in' on a latest trend - I think they've been there, done it, and are happy to sit back and watch the others try and cash in, because they'll still be making this particuarly British style long after the others have moved on...

Cheers,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
Teaboy1962

Mar 09

Teaboy1962 says:

Come on Triumph

Please please please Mr Bloor sort out your designers! why why why are Triumph continuing with the high level exhaust (even bigger and uglier) on the new Tiger Sport this is an out and out road bike so lets have a low level pipe just look what your competetors at aprilia and ktm are doing low level pipes so us customers who tour with panniers get 2 usable panniers not 1 plus a mishapen margerine tub with no more capacity than the average jacket pocket! If you want to see how good a tiger could look with a proper pipe take  a look at the Mivv web site www.mivv.it/risorse/11/546/684/T010L7a.jpg

Lets hope you listen or else the order for my replacement of my brilliant Tiger 1050 sadly wont be coming to a great Britiish company but heading to perhaps Italy but most likely Austria because the KTM1190 look set to cause all adventure bike manufacturers (especially those who dont listen) a real headache.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

You're welcome, MCN

I mean for the remedial editorial corrections that I posted and which you churlishly deleted.

And I guess I'll also have to mention again how convenient it is that once again your "spy" shots come with advertising blurb attached.  You're just embarassing yourselves trying to claim that these didn't come straight from Triumph Marketing.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

new tiger

Ive had several tigers and I think all of the new triumphs, however I now ride a honda, why? after 5 years of poduction or so, Triumph still sell a bike with a chain guard 3 inches too short, ....oil over passenger and top box, not a hard fix, crap lights, not good enough, soggy suspension, same. as,, expensive service costs, more than my 5 litre mercedes.

Also it has a good engine, but times are moving on and we need more, the competition isnt a GS its a Multistrata  and the new KTM ,

Give me 150bhp, 200kg target weight, adjustable suspension, adjustable seat, pegs, bars, good lights brakes Traction and some toys and I will bite your arm off.

Dont try copying BMW, build a tall, comfy sports tourer that can run with blades and R1's and all day long comfort...........rant over!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I agree that the biggest down-side to owning a Triumph is the servicing costs. My previous bike ( a Sprint ST 1050) cost £500-£600 for a major service, Thats £200 more than a major service for my Seat Ibiza. Thats why I do what I can myself and itemise the things I want doing by my dealer that I can't like the downloads and tappets coz you need special tools and if that affects my warranty, tough, I refuse to be ripped off. Fortunately, nether of my Triumphs or the wifes Bonny have had a fault. I don't trust my dealers mechanics anyway coz up to now they have overfilled my engine at one service and underfilled it at another and adjusted the back wheel out of alignment! And they ask you if you want to pay £1000 for a service plan! HA HA!

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

service costs

Hi Satnav

in all fairness in the last ten or so years i have never been left at the side of the road riding a triumph, and the garage I used seemed good at what they did, but a minor servise was always £300 plus ( usually about £400-500) bits and the major one always was over £500 (usually £600-£800) thats 10% of the cost of the bike, its too much for what it is, more than any of the cars we have, why? eg there are 3 spark plugs not 8 in a triple

Reply to this Topic
matthewdaytona

Feb 12

WHERE IS THE DAYTONA 1050!!!! Come on Triumph, you have excelled at the 675, do the same with a 1050 version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
barneyfife

Sep 12

barneyfife says:

New Bonneville?

So glad to hear about an updated Bonnie. So please correct the following design gaffes:

Get rid of the jarringly ugly oil cooler plumbing lines sproutiing out of the top of the motor along with the car radiator sized oil cooler, everyone hates it and it absolutely ruins the look of what should have been an air cooled 60's style motorcycle.

Please use header clamps this time, they're an important authentic styling cue.

If you can increase the motor size to 1000 cc for 80 hp that would be fabulous.

Otherwise my next bike will be the W800 which defintely is a more authentic looking 60's Brit style. Their attention to detail is evident and the engine is much prettier than the Bonneville's too.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

barneyfife!

I agree with some of your points but consider this. I have only ever seen 1 W800 on the road and the W650 was rare as hens teeth. A lot of people consider it to be 'Bonneville wanabe' and I would think resale values are poor. The engine is a lot less powerful than a Bonny and the tyres are skinnier so your power requirements would be going in reverse. But one problem I found with the W800 when I sat on it at the NEC was that the seat is very narrow at the front and the side panels stick out and when you put your feet down, your legs will rub on the side panels and that lovely metallic paint will wear away in no time, unless you stick clear plastic over it which will spoil the looks. The switch gear also looks just like it was in the 70s but maybe thats deliberate. A couple of years ago, I saw a W650 at a local bike meet and the owner had removed all the Kawasaki badges and replaced them with Triumph and Bonneville items, sad man!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

and another thing...

If your T100 is a carb version, theres a Haynes manual that covers it coz I have it coz my missus has one, so stuff the dealer. Even if you have an injection model it will still help you do most things.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle