Skip to content

General flooded road..... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > flooded road.....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

flooded road.....

this road regularly floods in the winter, i've been across it in a tractor when its like this (and that focuses your driving!), but this guy, nutter!....good old landie..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc3BC-6Wp38

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 November 2012 20:35)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

my landie

wasn't good for the off roading I did, the ground was very soft and it got bogged down quite easily with her weight, she didn't have a side snorkel either.  Apart from that I used to have to drive with the window open as I used to keep hitting my elbow ,

Brill for farmers and scuba divers! but not any use for anything else, maybe weekend pretend farmers!! you get a lot of those round here.

For the past few years I have had a little suzuki vitara with mud/snow tyres on.  Manages to get off road everyday and can drive with window shut:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

windows shut bb?

Always have them half open, just incase you need to use hand signals, normally for those driving X5's and the like :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

hand signals

what like this

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Thats the one

or you could have this one at the front of your house :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

methinks he

has a snorkel fitted..:huh:..my gamekeeper uncle has had many an 'off roader', he had great fun in the little short wheelbase suzuki, though it did roll a couple of times!.:blink:....The weekend yuppies in their Range Rovers used to infuriate him getting stuck everywhere though....more time winching than shooting!

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Yes CJ could do with of those!!

aye they can roll but in snow they are like a motorised sledge they are so light but every morning she slips and slides up the muddy hills and thru the mud and does it so well.

Round our way it's the X5's that get pulled, not sure if it's the car or the driver:shock:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

My Vitara

was a bit too bouncy on the farm tracks and didn't carry enough bales and sacks in the back. I changed it for a Pajero which was awesome. I've even pulled our old Fergie through a mudbath gateway without needing 4 wheel drive. Not to heavy on fuel if you don't rush about.

I've wished I had it back during the floods this week. I don't live on the farm any more but I still spend a lot of time over there and an ordinary car makes hard work of it.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Land Rovers..

Are a very useful bit of kit...we`ve always had one and we will probably always have one........and when it snows there a lot of fun.....:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

So you do

love shed really :unsure::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Ha Ha...

Only in the Winter.....:lol::lol: