Skip to content

Discuss This Horex VR6 hits showrooms New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Horex VR6 hits showrooms

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Horex VR6 hits showrooms

The first Horex VR6 roadsters have been delivered to dealers - a year later than planned. An all-new German concern reviving a historic brand, the bike features an innovative 1200cc VR6 engine boasting 160bhp. The first model was delivered last week to the Schneider motorcycle dealership in Voerde, the first of a planned 35 Horex dealers to take delivery of a demonstrator...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 November 2012 11:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Look forward to reading a UK roadtest but can't see what it offers that you can't get from other brands. And in my opinion, it looks a bit like 70s or 80s styling and don't know what market its aimed at.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Good luck...

I genuinely wish them good luck but its not the best time to launch a luxury item.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

I

have to agree  with you steve a bit 80s reminds me of the later moto martin CBX 1000................but i like it

and yes andy good luck to horex hope you do well

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

snev

buy one, and let me know what you think?.

All joshing aside, i hope they suceed, real nice to see a manufacturer thinking outside the box, refreashing really.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I hope it does well, it deserves to do so.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

VR6?

Surprised the VW Group is not after Horex for trademark infringement.

Styling – looks like a cross between a Star/Yamaha V-Max and a Harley-Davidson XR1200.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

MCN....

Sort out all the pop ups FFS

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

This is for you then snev

Adblock Plus

works a treat, and tested by MCN forum members :wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

As I 've already said, what market is it aimed at? Its obviously not a sports bike, and in its present guise, not a tourer as there is no fairing or luggage evident, and worst of all, its chain drive, where most other manufacturers are reverting to shaft. Even belt drive would be preferable and in an enclosed case too. I'm sure the engine will be good but look at other manufacturers efforts like the BM1600, Triumphs Trophy, Kawa GTR1400, Honda VFR1200, all shaft and will probably be cheaper. They seem to have put a lot of work in so I hope it pays off but I'm not holding my breath. The big question is 'How much'?

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

market

prob the same sort of market that want GSX1400 that type of bike..lets be honest the 1400 great bike and chain drive 

steve it dont always come down to price it comes down to what floats your boat

if it all came  down to price we would all be on  chinky bikes lol and harley would have folded long ago

as to costs at 70,000pounds the tambo F4 sold out  go back to the 70s the van veen the heskieth

im just putting some answers up

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices