Skip to content

Discuss This Horex VR6 hits showrooms New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Horex VR6 hits showrooms

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Horex VR6 hits showrooms

The first Horex VR6 roadsters have been delivered to dealers - a year later than planned. An all-new German concern reviving a historic brand, the bike features an innovative 1200cc VR6 engine boasting 160bhp. The first model was delivered last week to the Schneider motorcycle dealership in Voerde, the first of a planned 35 Horex dealers to take delivery of a demonstrator...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 November 2012 11:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

mate

my last word on this gsx14 handles real well as well as a bandit i take it you have never owned or riden 1 ..i am talking from experiance and never talk about things i dont no or have not riden or first hand knowlage

not every one wants a faired bike i luv   naked bikes and by the look of so do shitloads of others .. it would be such a boreing world if we had the same taste

do you have a problem if someone  likes or has different tastes as you

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Bruty.

I've ridden Bandits but not a GSX1400. But I doubt the GSX frame was designed to handle 160bhp. And if someone has different tastes to me, good for them. It would be a boring world if we were all the same. My Tiger 800 is almost naked and I'm having a great time with it. I'm past the performance phase, did it when I was younger and prefer miles and touring. Theres an old saying, theres old bikers and bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers. I'm a great believer in that.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Satnav

I was at the NEC Yesterday and saw Nothing but "Old Bald" Bikers! also I believe that the GSX1400 was around for about 10 years but I can't say if it was Official or not, Rode a 1250 Bandit and would say it was very good. the 1400 never actually "did it for me" TBH  because I always fancied an XJR1300SP in Silver. Quite interested to hear that the GSX1400 could make 165bhp with a re-map but the original FJ1200 full power made 129bhp in its day. (carbs back then).

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Snev!!

Theres still a couple of mint GSX1400s at my local bike meets. They still have a following. What was your favourite yellow bike at the show then.? I have to add that this year was the first time in over 20 years I have been to the show on the train and it was on time and brilliantly comfy, well done Virgin. Only because it was cheaper than in my car despite it doing mid 50s to the gallon. Its the £9 parking charge which is the killer, robbing bastards. How come I went to the Motorhome show last year at the NEC and parking was free!!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I went by 'Busa again, flipping heck was I cold. Good job the organisers had the heating on full for all those cold car drivers!... Still, walking around in full winter gear made me loose a few kg's always good when riding my very overweight 'Busa. Having said that I was no wetter on the outside than I was on the inside Having rode home in the P-----g Rain. Good job the Bike show is held in The Winter because I couldn't cope with the Millions of other Bikers who might attend in "FINE weather" tbh. My favourite Yellow bike at the show was one of the "Freestyle" bikes ... 75ft in the air!

Reply to this Topic
barneyfife

Sep 12

barneyfife says:

New Horex

Nice looking bike, so glad it's not another of the ubiquitous GP style wanna be racer bikes. I think if you always drove a Maclaren or a Lamborgini going to lunch or work you would look ridiculous, the million GP style offerings from Japan are the same thing stylistically, okay for the track (which surprise, a great many bikers don't care about) but ridiculous looking driven anywhere else.

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

Whorex

I think it's ugly.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Historic brand?.........

...............Hardly.

They stopped production during the war.

Even the army didn't want them as cheap transport.

Let's not overuse the word historic.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

VR6 160bhp

I kind of like it, but how your going to use that power in something that looks more like an old triumph bonnie than a Duke naked Im not sure, I guess its would be fun pulling off from the lights, but more a sunday afternoon bike than anything else. I think it will be a £12k bike at least, and they have put a ten quid back mud guard on it!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices